We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Macron admits failures in vaccine rollout amid surge in COVID-19 cases in the following article
Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - PARIS — French President Emmanuel Macron has admitted failures in the country's vaccination campaign and vowed to accelerate the rollout, days after the government was forced to impose new coronavirus restrictions to contain a surge of COVID-19 sweeping the country.
“We weren’t fast enough, strong enough on it,” Macron told Greek television channel ERT Wednesday, in a rare admission of failure regarding Europe’s vaccination efforts.
“We didn’t shoot for the stars as much as others. I think that should be a lesson for all of us. We were wrong to lack ambition, to lack the madness, to say, ‘It’s possible, let’s do it’,” Macron said.
“You can give that to the Americans, as early as the summer of 2020 they said: let’s pull out all the stops and do it. They had more ambition than us,” he said in the interview, “We didn’t think [the production of a vaccine] would happen that quickly.”
He added, “Everybody, all the experts said: Never in the history of mankind was a vaccine developed in less than a year.”
On Tuesday, the French president declared the vaccination campaign a “national priority,” promising to put the rollout at the heart of the country's COVID-19 battle.
As of Monday, 9.3 percent of the total French population had been partially vaccinated, according to Our World in Data.
Last week, French Prime Minister Jean Castex announced new coronavirus restrictions in 16 regions, including the greater Paris and Nice areas, as the country attempts to contain the third wave of infections.
Outdoor social gatherings of more than six people are now illegal in France, as part of efforts to contain the country’s COVID-19 outbreak, an interior ministry spokeswoman said on Thursday.
France’s interior minister Gerald Darmanin told police chiefs Wednesday to “be strict” with the rule of six, particularly in the 16 regions that are under lockdown lite, according to the spokeswoman.
The new measures, which went into effect Friday at midnight, will last at least four weeks but are less restrictive than measures imposed in March and November of last year.
These were the details of the news Macron admits failures in vaccine rollout amid surge in COVID-19 cases for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.