We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Second French minister hospitalized as ICUs are overrun in the following article
Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - PARIS — France’s Culture Minister Roselyne Bachelot was admitted to hospital after contracting COVID-19, her spokesperson said on Wednesday, the second government minister hospitalized with the virus this week. The 74-year-old had received her first dose of the vaccine on March 17.
Labor Minister Élisabeth Borne, 59, was hospitalized with COVID-19 on Monday and was discharged on Wednesday, according to a ministry press release.
“I am relieved,” Borne tweeted as she left the hospital. She tested positive for the virus on March 1.
France is in the throes of a third wave of the coronavirus, with new lockdown restrictions implemented in 16 areas last Friday.
Non-essential businesses have been closed in the most impacted areas of France, where people have been forbidden to go further than 10 km from their home or travel between regions without a valid reason.
The new measures are less restrictive than those imposed in March and November of last year, Prime Minister Jean Castex acknowledged when he announced them last week.
“Very clearly, the messages haven’t got through. The confusion of the weekend has led to more distrust,” Jean-François Timsit, ICU chief at the Paris’ Bichat hospital, said on France Inter radio on Wednesday, referring to backtracking over travel permits as he criticized the complicated nature of the restrictions.
Recalling that positive COVID-19 cases now could require hospitalization in the coming weeks, Timsit said: “The next month is going to be hellish.”
“We’ve got several difficult weeks ahead of us,” French Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin said on BFMTV on Wednesday morning, adding: “COVID-19 is once again taking a kind of expansion, it is very worrying.”
The minister said in the interview that there will be no easing of restrictions for the Easter weekend, although church services will be allowed to go ahead outside of the night-time curfew. He also encouraged the French public “not to gather together over the coming weekends.”
“We must limit them,” the minister said of Easter celebrations. “They must stay within the strict family intimacy of the home, of the apartment, and we should not receive friends, family, nor travel.”
These were the details of the news Second French minister hospitalized as ICUs are overrun for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.