Hundreds of Nigerian schoolgirls rescued days after kidnapping

We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Hundreds of Nigerian schoolgirls rescued days after kidnapping in the following article

Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - LAGOS — Hundreds of schoolgirls that were kidnapped at gunpoint in Nigeria have been rescued, authorities said.

The 279 girls were abducted on Friday by armed men who raided their state-run school in Nigeria's northwest Zamfara State, a high-ranking government official with knowledge of the incident said.

Yusuf Idris, a spokesman for the regional governor, said on Tuesday the girls had been safely returned and were all accounted for. He did not comment when asked whether a ransom was paid for their release.

Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari said on Twitter that he was "pleased" the ordeal "has come to a happy end without any incident."

"We are working hard to bring an end to these grim and heartbreaking incidents of kidnapping. The Military and the Police will continue to go after kidnappers," he said.

The girls' abduction is the latest in a string of similar kidnapping cases in Nigeria. At least 42 people were kidnapped from a state-run school last month and later released, and more than 300 schoolboys were taken and later freed in December.

These incidents have raised questions about the safety of schools in parts of northern Nigeria.

In a statement released on social media Friday, Buhari said the girls' abduction was "inhumane and totally unacceptable."

"This administration will not succumb to blackmail by bandits who target innocent school students in the expectations of huge ransom payments," Buhari said in the statement, which was posted by his official spokesperson. — Courtesy CNN


These were the details of the news Hundreds of Nigerian schoolgirls rescued days after kidnapping for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Meghan to watch Prince Philip's funeral from home in California, source says
NEXT Youth join mainstream as India unveils development initiatives in Jammu and Kashmir