In the end, the 29-year-old was a full 25.8 seconds behind prologue winner Ane Appelkvist Stenseth. Weng finished in 67th place and thus outside the top 30 list.
This means that she will not be allowed to go to the quarterfinals later today. Weng’s performance in the 1.4 kilometer long sprint course in Finland on Friday morning is very startling and surprised NRK’s commentators.
– What’s going on with Heidi Weng? She has worked outside the last period. It is not the Heidi Weng we know, says Jann Post.
– Right now it’s in my head
Heidi Weng had this to say when she appeared in the press zone after the prologue.
– Not much really happened…
– Did you fall or?
– Ehh, no, I did not really.
– There must have been something that did not work?
– It was really just the head that did not work completely.
– How stressful has the last 24 hours been?
– Yes, as I said, I think it’s a little in my head right now.
– Is it the fear of getting infected?
– I do not know, it just… I have been maybe a little… Right now it just sits in my head, so then I can not go fast.
Was skeptical before leaving
NRK’s commentators pointed out that Weng has been more affected by the corona situation than most on the cross-country national team.
She did not hide this during the cross-country opening a week ago, where her journey to the World Cup final in Canada in March last year still marked her.
National team coach Ole Morten Iversen also admitted that he was not really sure if the student wanted to travel to Finland at all.
It probably did not get better when the Norwegian national team started their stay in Finland on Wednesday and Thursday with a real corona chaos. All-round coach Eirik Myhr Nossum’s first positive, then negative corona test, sent the whole team in an almost one day long quarantine.
– We were happy that she came to the start
On Friday, national team coach Iversen has the following comment about Weng’s performance:
– She was just going to complete the prologue, so that was fine. So there was no goal to go maximum. For her, it was to complete the prologue, and get to run tomorrow and Sunday, says Ole Morten Iversen.
– She says the head did not work?
– It’s possible. We were all happy that she came to the start and completed. That’s all right, Iversen continues.
However, the national team coach could enjoy several achievements in addition to Stenseth. Tiril Udnes Weng had the fifth best time in the prologue. Hedda Østberg Amundsen was number ten, Lotta Udnes Weng and Anna Svendsen took 18th and 19th place.
Anne Kjersti Kalvå and Mathilde Myhrvold shared 27th place, while Therese Johaug was number 30 and will go to the quarterfinals.
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!
These were the details of the news – What’s going on with Heidi Weng? – NRK Sport... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at time24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.