Victims of the Quebec attack break the silence

Victims of the Quebec attack break the silence
Victims of the Quebec attack break the silence

People injured in the deadly October 31 attack in Old Quebec began to break their silence on social media on Thursday, after the court lifted an order that protected their identities.

“Here I am doing this post to inform and reassure you. October 31, a tragedy happened in Quebec, in the Old Town where I live. We were going to take pictures at little Champlain, we came across this madman who assaulted me and my best friend. We managed to escape, others were not so lucky, ”wrote Pierre Lagrevol on his page at the end of the morning. “It is time for us to rebuild ourselves physically and mentally. “

The young Frenchman from Saint-Étienne, according to his Facebook page, was enjoying Halloween night with his friend Lisa when their path crossed that of an assailant with a saber. The young woman, also of French origin, has been increasing the number of publications on social networks for a few days.

On Thursday morning, she posted a video in which she wrote of being on her way to a new hospital for a third arm operation. The woman, who works in a hair salon in Quebec City, also shares the many testimonies of support she has received since the attack on Saturday. His arm is covered with thick bandages.

We ran into this madman who assaulted me and my best friend. We managed to escape, others weren’t so lucky

“Thank you very much for your kindness towards me and my best friend,” she wrote recently, sharing a photo in which she is accompanied by Pierre Lagrevol. “Our lives are no longer in danger, but we remain extremely shocked by this more than barbaric attack. I will speak to the facts soon, ”she added.

In various publications, she thanks her caregivers and friends, who send her flowers and words of comfort.

She also posted a photo of herself, wearing Halloween makeup and posing for the camera in Petit-Champlain, “at exactly 10:10 pm” on Saturday. “Twenty-five minutes later, we were attacked near the Château Frontenac. We were on the way home to go home, ”she explained.

Worry and despair

Not only did the attack on Saturday injure five people and take the lives of François Duchesne and Suzanne Clermont, it sowed despair and concern among neighbors, friends and caregivers.

At the Hôtel-Dieu de Québec, in the heart of the old town, nurse Alyssa Simard was seized with panic when a head nurse informed her of what was happening. “She told us: ‘I have just been told that there is a killer who attacks just about anyone around the hospital and nobody knows where he is'”, she told the Duty. “We [nous sommes] all crammed into an office. This new [a causé] a moment of panic and tears for some. During the manhunt, we were all anxious, ”she added.

Brad Purcell, who assisted his neighbor Suzanne Clermont in the moments following the attack, was also still in shock, a few days after the attack. He believes he spoke with the suspect, ordering him to catch up with a passing car in the street; initially believing that her neighbor had been the victim of a hit and run.

“He could have … For a good minute, it was him and me on the street, 15 feet apart,” he told the Duty. “He could have walked towards me, he chose to go in the other direction. “

Although stunned, the man from Brisbane, Australia, is especially worried about his neighbor Jacques Fortin, who lost his wife in this event. “Jacques will need all the support he can get. It’s impossible to believe that he realizes the magnitude of this story, ”he dropped, noting the numbness the event caused in him. “We have to pay attention to this. […] It’s a matter of access [aux services de santé mentale] “, He pleaded.

Sane until proven guilty

The main suspect in the attack, Carl Girouard, was formally charged Sunday with two counts of premeditated murder and five counts of attempted murder. He was back in court Thursday morning, via videoconference.

It was during his appearance that the Crown asked that the publication ban on almost all of the people he allegedly injured be lifted. The identity of a single victim remains protected, at his request.

The names of the two people killed in this attack, François Duchesne and Suzanne Clermont, were revealed by the police authorities on Sunday, the day after the tragedy.

The 24-year-old suspect is visibly confined to the Quebec City Detention Center. Only his head was visible in the small window of a white door he was behind as he passed through court.

He briefly answered questions from Judge René de la Sablonnière, who wished to ensure that he understood the course of the proceedings. These were very short and made it possible to fix the suspect’s next visit to court for November 20, for his release investigation.

“At that time, there will be a disclosure of the evidence that will be given to his lawyer,” summed up Crown prosecutor François Godin. Before the judge, he said he hoped to have in hand “75 to 80% of the evidence” at that time, “given the events”.

Before the media, Me Godin recalled that the suspect was considered sane until proven guilty. “In the Criminal Code, there is a presumption [voulant] that people are deemed to be sane. If ever Mr. Girouard intends to assert a defense to this effect, he will be able to do so in due course, ”he said. “As we speak, it is far too early to speculate on this,” he added.

Watch video

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!

These were the details of the news Victims of the Quebec attack break the silence for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at en24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Unesco showdown: Which Heritage sites are at risk?
NEXT US military raises alert level for Europe bases: reports