Brahim Aouissaoui’s call prior to the attack became known

Brahim Aouissaoui’s call prior to the attack became known
Brahim Aouissaoui’s call prior to the attack became known

Hours before the pathetic terrorist attack in a church in Nice, the knife man Brahim Aouissaoui made a threatening phone call in front of the building at the scene of the tragedy.

When he arrived in Nice, the 21-year-old terrorist called his family in Tunisia, his sister Afef told Sky News.

After telling his family that he had arrived in the town in the south of France that morning, they got a video call of the church when Aouissaoui said he was looking for a place to sleep.

After media reports surfaced about the aftermath of the attack, Aouissaoui’s family was appalled to see the same building the 21-year-old had shown them.

RELATED: What We Know About 21 Year Old Killer Brahim Aouissaoui

The call was confusing to the knifeman’s family, who were unaware of his plans to travel to France.

“He did not say (that he was planning to leave Tunisia) and we were surprised when he told us he had reached Italy,” said his brother Yassin.

“He called me yesterday and told me he had arrived in France and I replied, ‘Why? Why didn’t you stay in Italy? You don’t speak French and you don’t know anyone there, ”revealed his mother Gamra Issawi.

Still vacillating from the attack, the family are shocked by what happened and insist that this behavior is atypical for Aouissaoui.

“My brother is a kind person and has never shown extremism,” older brother Yassin told Sky News.

The 21-year-old’s family members are currently being examined themselves, security sources in Tunisia confirmed.

His sister Afef also announced that police had taken the family’s phones.

The call came just hours before Aouissaoui entered the church with a large knife and killed three people, beheaded a woman and stabbed two other people in a bloody rampage in the Notre-Dame basilica.

He is in critical condition in the hospital after being shot dead by police after the attack.

With police working on a schedule for the terror suspect’s trips, Aoussaoui is believed to have arrived in Europe just weeks before the bloody attack started on Thursday.

A security source told a Paris newspaper that Aoussaoui had followed the “classic migration route” from North Africa to Europe and arrived on the Italian island of Lampedusa in a small boat on September 20.

“The young man was suspected of contracting COVID-19 and was placed in solitary confinement on a ship,” the source said.

According to the source, Aoussaoui should have been detained prior to deportation after disembarking undocumented in the port of Bari on October 9 and clearly suffering from health problems.

Instead, the authorities could not confirm the identity of the killer and he was released.

Then he made his way to Paris and then to Nice and traveled by train in a way that did not alert the officials.

Second man arrested

The news of Aouissaoui’s puzzling phone call came after French police arrested a second man in connection with the Nice attack.

Police arrested a 47-year-old man believed to have had contact with Aouissaoui the night before the attack.

A deputy prosecutor in the Tunisian Counterterrorism Prosecutor’s Office, Mohsen Dali, told The Associated Press that the allegation in an online post was that the attack was orchestrated by a group called Al Mehdi from southern Tunisia, who previously served the Tunisian authorities was unknown.

These were the details of the news Brahim Aouissaoui’s call prior to the attack became known for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at de24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

NEXT FBI director warns that Chinese hackers are preparing to ‘wreak havoc’ on US critical infrastructure