According to the balance, Italy totals 504,509 people already infected with Sars-CoV-2
Italy recorded 151 deaths from the new Sars-CoV-2 coronavirus this Saturday (24), the highest number for a single day since May 21, when 156 deaths had been counted.
According to a bulletin from the Ministry of Health, the total number of victims since the beginning of the pandemic reached 37,210. Yesterday, 91 were recorded. In the past seven days, Italy recorded 741 deaths, more than double the sum of the entire past week (334).
Regarding the cases of Covid-19, the European country broke the record in the daily number of contagions for the fourth consecutive day: there were 19,644 infections in the 24-hour period.
According to the balance, Italy totals 504,509 people already infected with Sars-CoV-2. Active cases, which disregard data on deaths and cures, rose by 17,180, reaching 203,182 with Covid-19 at the time. The numbers have grown even as the Italian government has run fewer tests to detect the disease. In all, 177,669 tests were performed in one day, about 4,300 fewer than yesterday.
The number of people recovered, according to data from the Ministry of Health, was 2,309 in 24 hours, bringing the total number to 264,117 since the beginning of the pandemic.
Lombardy, the epicenter of the new coronavirus in Italy, again registered an increase in the number of daily cases: there were 4,956, compared to 4,916 yesterday. In all, 51 people lost their lives, bringing the total to 17,210.
In the region of Campania, there are 1,718 new confirmed cases of Covid, out of 12,530 tests carried out. Yesterday, the Crisis Unit reported 2,280 infections, a new regional record, but with 15,801 tests done. There, eight new victims were counted.
Lombardy and Campania are among the regions that are taking more stringent measures to contain the progress of the new coronavirus.
Today, the Prime Minister of Italy, Giuseppe Conte, is meeting with his ministers and regional authorities to discuss restrictive rules at the national level. (ANSA)
- You should not post comments for the purpose of distributing or encouraging any idea and / or opinion that by itself or whose transmission:
- Incite and / or promote non-compliance with the law, whether defamatory, defamatory, violent, degrading, pornographic, or, in general, contrary to public order;
- Incite and / or promote discriminatory actions or ideas based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, belief, disability, ethnicity, nationality or social status;
- Constitutes predatory behavior, harassment, threats, harassment, intimidation or blackmail to third parties;
- Incite dangerous, risky or harmful practices to health and psychological balance;
- Violate third party business secrets;
- It is contrary to honor, personal and family intimacy or the very image of people;
- Violates third party intellectual or industrial property, or contributes to such practices;
- Facilitate the dissemination or contain material with viruses, corrupted data, or any other harmful or harmful element;
- Disrespect the electoral and party legislation;
- Use the space for commercial or advertising purposes, including: spam, corporate correspondence and communications for commercial purposes (business prospecting, sale of services and goods, even if related to individuals, etc.) or use related to business, or who advertises or offers to sell products or services (for-profit or non-profit) or who solicit other users or third parties (including requests for contributions or donations).
- If You publish comments contrary to the prohibitions of clause 1 above or contrary to any other provision of this Term of Use, Gazetaweb.com may, at its sole discretion, delete the comment or block you as a User, at any time and without any prior notice. .
Comments are the sole responsibility of their authors and do not represent the opinion of this site.
These were the details of the news Italy has the highest daily number of deaths from Covid-19 in... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at time24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.