– It is much more dangerous to cross pedestrian crossings, says Tegnell in an interview with the Swedish business magazine Chef.
Ever since the pandemic broke out, Tegnell has been a bauta in the Swedish fight against covid-19. He has had to endure harsh criticism for the way Sweden has handled the deadly virus, but has defended the strategy until recently.
– This is an erratic disease. It is difficult to know what is right and wrong as the virus spreads unevenly. But I still believe that we can keep the infection at a manageable level in Sweden, says Tegnell.
Nearly 6,000 died in Sweden
To date, 5,910 people have lost their lives in Sweden after being infected with covid-19. As of October 15, 102,407 people have been confirmed infected.
In Sweden’s closest neighbor, the situation is different. In Denmark 34,023 are infected and 677 dead, in Finland 12,944 are infected and 350 dead, in Norway 15,953 are infected and 278 dead, in Iceland 3,837 are infected and 10 dead.
In the interview with the Swedish Chef, who primarily addresses Swedish business leaders, Tegnell admits that he has not yet tested for covid-19.
– I have been to places that are so much worse
During the first known outbreak of Ebola, Tegnell worked in Congo. The Ebola virus attacks most of the body’s organs and can lead to multi-organ failure.
After coming face to face with the deadly ravages of Ebola, Tegnell has been hardened.
– I have been to places that are so much worse, like during the Ebola epidemic in 1995. I trust a lot in the knowledge that it is possible to read, explains the Swedish state epidemiologist.
– The statement was not intended to underestimate the risk of covid-19
Svenske Expressen has been in contact with the Public Health Authority for a comment that Tegnell has not yet been tested for coronavirus.
– Anders Tegnell exposes himself as a person to greater risk in traffic than the risk of becoming seriously ill due to covid-19. The statement was not intended to compare the risk to the general public, or underestimate the risk of covid-19 in society, but as an explanation of why he personally is not afraid of covid-19, writes spokesperson Henrik Josephson in an email.
Tegnell doubts that a vaccine is the solution
Several research communities around the world are now working hard to develop an effective vaccine against the coronavirus. But not everyone has the same expectations for the vaccine.
– It is dangerous to believe that a vaccine against covid-19 will solve all the problems that the disease entails. All vaccines have strengths and weaknesses. A vaccine can give us the opportunity to reduce the infection, but getting rid of it is a completely different matter. There is only one disease that we vaccinate completely away, and that is smallpox, Tegnell told SVT Agenda earlier this autumn.
Video: WHO defends Sweden’s corona strategy: – Has put in place a strong health policy
These were the details of the news Anders Tegnell about the risk of being infected with covid-19: –... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at time24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.