The missing Christoffer Lysne Elgåen (29) works in the fire service in Aurland. – It is very special for us that we are looking for him, says fire chief Reinhardt Sørensen.
Less than 2 hours ago
– There is much more emotion with this than other assignments I have had through 20 years in the fire service, says Reinhardt Sørensen, technical manager and fire manager in Aurland municipality.
Since Monday morning, large search crews have been searching for 29-year-old Christoffer Lysne Elgåen, who was reported missing by the family.
Elgåen was out with friends on Friday night and since then no one has had contact with him. Monday night, the police announced that the search went into a new phase where a search for the presumed dead person.
– Very social
Sørensen has had an office next to Elgåen at City Hall in addition to working together in the fire brigade.
– It is very special for all of us that we are looking for him. We have a job to do to find him, but there are many thoughts swirling around. We think especially of the family, says Sørensen, who was first interviewed by Sogn Avis.
He describes the missing as very social.
– Christoffer plays in two bands and is well liked by the youth. Everyone in the Aurland community knew him.
– Enormous choir people line up
On Wednesday afternoon, 42 people and 17 boats participated in the search through the Red Cross and the fire service.
– There is a huge choir of people performing. We also apply with drones on land and at sea. Our goal is to find him, says Sørensen.
The search is taking place in both Aurlandsfjorden and Nerøyfjorden. On Wednesday night, they are waiting for a submarine vessel that will contribute to the search.
The search will continue unchanged tomorrow, according to the fire chief.
The family thanks for the effort
Several family members of the missing person have also been appointed in Aurland municipality. The mayor has daily contact with the family.
– The family is obviously heavy, but things are going well, even though it varies from hour to hour, says Trygve Skjerdal.
The father of the missing person has asked him to pass on the following:
– The family expresses that they are very grateful for the efforts that the local community contributed. They greatly appreciated the support and follow-up from the municipality, the fire service, the police and everyone involved.
Mayor: Great youth
The town hall will be open on Wednesday from 7 pm for those who want to gather.
– We are rigging to receive those who want to sit down and talk a little, says the mayor, who himself will participate.
– Christoffer worked at City Hall and I knew him quite well, even before that. Christoffer was a handsome young man.
He portrays the mayor as hardworking, pleasant, open and in a good mood.
– I only have good things to say about him. He was a great youth.
Police have made findings that indicate that the 29-year-old fell down while walking along the road.
The police therefore want contact with motorists who have driven Skjerdalsvegen between Skjerdal and Aurland in the period from midnight Friday to Saturday morning. Those who have information are asked to call the sheriff’s office in Aurland.
Published: October 14, 2020 6:07 PM
Updated: October 14, 2020 7:33 PM
These were the details of the news – The most emotional assignment I have had for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at time24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.