Coronavirus Melbourne: 12 cases, one death; New family clusters raise...

This coronavirus article is unlocked and can be read for free in the interest of the health and safety of the community. Get full digital access to trusted Herald Sun and Leader news for just $ 1 a week for the first 12 weeks.

Twelve new cases of coronavirus were recorded in Victoria overnight, along with one death.

Metropolitan Melbourne’s 14-day rolling average has returned to double digits to 10 after rising for two consecutive days.

The most recent numbers include 11 cases related to known outbreaks, with the source of the twelfth yet to be determined.

One of Tuesday’s cases is linked to Chadstone, seven are linked to the Box Hill cluster, including four cases from the same household, and one is linked to the Uniting AgeWell in Preston.

Victoria’s mysterious cases earlier this week are included in zip codes 3024 (Wyndham Vale, Manor Lakes, Truganina, Mambourin, Mount Cottrell, Fieldstone) and 3025 (Altona East, Altona Gate, and Altona North).

16 health care workers are among the state’s 186 active cases.

There are currently six active cases in the Victoria area, five in Mitchell Shire and one in Geelong.

A man aged 70 was the only Victorian to have died from coronavirus in the past 24 hours.

Meanwhile, Victoria’s regional average for the past 14 days is stable at 0.4.

New South Wales had more coronavirus infections in the past 24 hours than Victoria, with 13 new cases.

However, Brett Sutton, chief health officer, dismissed comparisons between the vastly different lockdown measures taken by states, saying Victoria’s position had been affected by the crippling climax of the second wave.

“The circumstances in New South Wales are very different,” he said.

“They have prospectively followed a small number of cases over the past few months where they have looked forward to the contacts and managed them appropriately.”

The prime minister also appeared on Monday to double his comments on realigning the government’s roadmap for recovery if the state fails to meet its case targets.

“We’re not going to deliver the entire third step … We are going to select the items on this list of things to happen next Sunday, however,” he said.

“With those who are safe, we will continue. And there may be some others that we believe are safe that were not necessarily predicted at this point. It changes.

“We check daily, we check weekly what is a likely outcome in the coming days and weeks.

“And after this further analysis, if five is the new zero and ten is the new five, then we have to take that into account, and we will.”

Media camera Victorian Prime Minister Daniel Andrews has come under fire for his strategy. Frydenburg calls for the restrictions to be relaxed. Image: NCA NewsWire / Andrew Henshaw

TUTORING LIFELINE FOR VICTORIAN CHILDREN AFTER DISTANCE LEARNING

Struggling students will receive a lifeline in the course of 2021. After months of distance learning, 4,100 tutors are deployed in Victorian schools.

The $ 250 million package was unveiled Tuesday by the state government and is set to help 200,000 students.

It comes after data shows that some students have struggled with online learning and have fallen behind.

Education Secretary James Merlino said, “This is about making sure no student is left behind.”

“With our economy reopening, this package provides work for thousands of educators … and uses their skills to help every student succeed.”

“We are dealing with a one in hundred year pandemic and we are responding in unprecedented ways.

“For those who have fallen behind, we will support you like never before.”

Up to 3500 tutors will be employed in state schools by 2021.

While 600 are deployed in non-government schools and to support disadvantaged students.

Schools choose which students qualify for the program.

-Alex White

NEW PRESS TO SCRAP 5 KM RULE, PRESSURE HOLDERS TO OPEN RETAIL

Attempts are made to eradicate Melbourne’s controversial 3-mile zone, and state opposition plans to introduce a change in the Victorian House of Lords to remove the rule immediately.

And Victoria’s recovery roadmap is being revised after Andrews admitted the state would struggle to meet the low threshold of cases required to open.

Mr Andrews said it was possible that the state’s current infection numbers might be “as good as it gets” and that the state’s tagging may have to open anyway, but repulsed proposals would be scrapped immediately.

Media camera A cyclist travels down a deserted Hardware Lane in Melbourne’s CBD. Image: NCA NewsWire / Ian Currie

It comes as Victoria recorded 15 new cases of coronavirus and no new deaths on Monday.

Calls rose yesterday to provide some relief to businesses and local residents after Premier-labeled retailers were unlikely to be open early next week.

Treasurer Josh Frydenberg said: “The Prime Minister said he was not pursuing an elimination strategy, now he has to prove it.

“It is time for his government to give freedom back to millions of Victorians this weekend.”

The situation in Victoria was tragic and devastating, especially as people in New South Wales led “COVID-normal lives” while treating new cases, he said.

Mr Andrews said the government was facing a tough decision as cases remained higher than expected, with the 14-day moving average at 10.

“It may be at a point where we have to call it, where we have to say that this is as good as it gets – that means there is a higher risk, which means that the job, this thing Keeping it suppressed becomes more difficult, “he said.

“If we open up now, it will be nearly impossible for us to keep this thing in check, and every jurisdiction in the world that has done this has faced the same challenge.”

Mr Andrews announced that some restrictions would be eased on Sunday – when it was hoped the 14-day average would have fallen to five and the state would move to step three on the roadmap.

However, since the focus should be on easing social restrictions, he was reluctant to suggest that stores could be part of a reopening.

New family outbreaks become a problem.
Media camera New family outbreaks become a problem.

“No retail decision has been made, and I think it’s unlikely that there will be a major retail shift this weekend,” he said.

Of the 15 new cases, 10 were associated with family outbreaks or known clusters, and the rest were studied.

The Department of Health and Human Services confirmed that four cases were linked to a family cluster in south-east Melbourne while two other cases were linked to another family cluster in north Melbourne.

The Box Hill Hospital outbreak rose to 11 cases after two more household contacts tested positive for coronavirus on Monday.

A household contact related to a COVID-19 case from the Sunshine Hospital also tested positive, while one of the 15 new cases on Monday was a close contact with an existing case.

Four cases were recorded in Monash, three each in Banyule and Hume and isolated cases in Casey, Darebin, Melton, Moreland and Stonnington.

Amid concerns that many Melburnians were breaking restrictions due to lockdown fatigue, a group of maskless men in Epping were seen playing basketball while others donning visors and headscarves despite the new custom face cover rules that went into effect Monday.

The Victorian Regional Chamber Alliance on Monday called for further steps outside of Melbourne on October 19.

A statement signed by 12 business leaders across Victoria said the state’s regional economy continued to “suffer unnecessarily” as it waited for Melbourne to “catch up”.

“As well as being a major employer for our young people, the hospitality sector is a vital factor in the recovery of our shattered tourism industry and it is simply unsustainable for them to continue under their current constraints,” the statement said.

A group of maskless men were seen playing basketball in Epping. Image: David Caird
Media camera A group of maskless men were seen playing basketball in Epping. Image: David Caird
Face protection alone is no longer an acceptable form of face covering. Pictured: Mark Stewart
Media camera Face protection alone is no longer an acceptable form of face covering. Pictured: Mark Stewart

VICTORIANS collect $ 27 million in COVID-19 fines

Victorians have been fined $ 28 million for coronavirus violations – but only 4 percent were paid.

Figures released by the state government show that 19,324 fines valued at $ 27.88 million were imposed on rule breakers as of August 24.

Only 845 fines – about $ 1.45 million – have been paid in full and 18 percent have reached the “final demand” stage. Thereafter, recipients run the risk of property being confiscated or even sent to prison.

R. Read the whole story here .

STUDY FIND SENSORY LOSS RELIABLE SIGN OF COVID-19

One of the most common COVID-19 symptoms is sudden loss of the sense of smell or taste, according to a study.

An analysis of the emergency room presentations shows that those with these subtle symptoms are actually among the most likely patients with COVID-19.

It raises questions about who should be present for testing to avoid a third wave.

Amid concerns that many Victorians are already waiting too long for a test, the Monash University study highlights the risk of waiting for more severe symptoms like fever and shortness of breath.

R. Read the whole story here.

LATEST CORONAVIRUS NEWS

CURRENT CASE NUMBERS MAY “BE AS GOOD AS IT GETS”

The restrictions that could be removed from next week

These were the details of the news Coronavirus Melbourne: 12 cases, one death; New family clusters raise... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at de24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Israeli missiles hit site in Iran, ABC News reports
NEXT South Korea set to adjust medical reforms in bid to end walkout, say media reports