At least 40 wounded in car bomb in Afghanistan's Samangan

Thank you for your reading and interest in the news At least 40 wounded in car bomb in Afghanistan's Samangan and now with details

Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - Assailants clash with Afghan forces after the explosion

July 13, 2020

July 13, 2020

SHARE

facebook shares

At least 40 people were wounded by a car bomb in the Afghan city of Aybak on Monday.

Gunmen clashed with Afghan forces after the bomb detonated outside the National Security Directorate, the country's main intelligence agency in the northern Samangan region.

A spokesman for the provincial government, Mohammad Sediq Azizi, confirmed the attack. He said a number of people were engaged in fighting with Afghan forces.

"Clashes with the attackers are still going on," Mr Azizi told reporters.

It was not clear what the target of the attack was or who was behind it.

The province's health director, Khalil Musadeq, said 43 civilians and members of the security forces had been wounded in the attack. But that number is expected to rise and there could even be deaths.

Violence in Afghanistan has increased even as the United States tries to lead the government and the Taliban towards peace talks to end more than 18 years of war.

Updated: July 13, 2020 12:28 PM

These were the details of the news At least 40 wounded in car bomb in Afghanistan's Samangan for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at The National and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Mauritius declares emergency as stranded ship spills fuel
NEXT British MP Craig Whittaker accused of racism after blaming Muslims and minorities for new coronavirus lockdown