Egypt confirms first coronavirus case in Africa

Egypt confirms first coronavirus case in Africa
Egypt confirms first coronavirus case in Africa

We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Egypt confirms first coronavirus case in Africa in the following article

Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - CAIRO — Egypt's Health Ministry on Friday announced the first confirmed case of the novel coronavirus in Africa.

The sufferer was not Egyptian, the ministry said in a statement, without specifying the nationality.

"The ministry has taken preventative measures and is monitoring the patient... who is stable," said Health Ministry spokesman Khaled Megahed.

Egyptian authorities had notified the World Health Organization and the patient been placed in quarantined isolation in hospital.

The death toll from the epidemic virus has neared 1,400 cases, almost exclusively in China where it was first identified.

Deep trade links with China and often overstretched healthcare systems have raised concerns about the capacity of African countries to respond to an outbreak.

Earlier this month, Egypt suspended all flights on its national carrier to China. They will remain grounded until the end of the month.

Three hundred and one Egyptians were evacuated from Wuhan, epicenter of the virus in China, and have remained in quarantine for 14 days. — AFP


These were the details of the news Egypt confirms first coronavirus case in Africa for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Imran Khan 'devastated' after friend’s death
NEXT Brexit:UK flags taken down at EU buildings in Brussels