Australian court sentences would-be airline bombers to 76 years in prison

Australian court sentences would-be airline bombers to 76 years in prison
Australian court sentences would-be airline bombers to 76 years in prison

Hello and welcome to the details of Australian court sentences would-be airline bombers to 76 years in prison and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - The New South Wales Supreme Court today sentenced Khaled Khayat to 40 years in prison with no parole until 2047. His brother, Mahmoud Khayat, was sentenced to 36 years with no possibility of parole until 2044. — AFP pic

SYDNEY, Dec 17 — Two brothers have been sentenced to a total of 76 years in prison by an Australian court for planning to blow up an Etihad Airways flight from Sydney to Abu Dhabi with a bomb hidden in a meat grinder.

The New South Wales Supreme Court today sentenced Khaled Khayat to 40 years in prison with no parole until 2047. His brother, Mahmoud Khayat, was sentenced to 36 years with no possibility of parole until 2044.

The two men had been found guilty of planning two terrorist attacks: the bomb and a chemical gas attack on the flight to Abu Dhabi in July 2017.

Khaled was found guilty by the New South Wales Supreme Court in May, but the jury was unable to reach a verdict against Mahmoud. His retrial also ended with a guilty verdict in September.

Khaled and Mahmoud Khayat were arrested after police raids in Sydney. Police had said that high-grade explosives used to make the bomb were flown from Turkey as part of a plot “inspired and directed” by the Islamic State. — Reuters

These were the details of the news Australian court sentences would-be airline bombers to 76 years in prison for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Iran admits significant damage from fire at Natanz nuclear facility
NEXT New Zealand deputy PM takes medical leave after food poisoning, says report