President Trump offers China help as coronavirus continues to spread

Thank you for your reading and interest in the news President offers China help as coronavirus continues to spread and now with details

Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - Cambodia declared its first case of coronavirus on Monday, as President Donald Trump said that the US would offer any help necessary to China in the face of the continued spread of the deadly virus.

The country's health minister Mam Bunheng said on Monday that a Chinese man who came with his family from the central Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicentre of the outbreak, to the coastal city of Sihanoukville earlier this month had fallen sick, but is stable.

A second case was also confirmed in Canada, after the wife of the first coronavirus patient tested positive for the virus at a public health laboratory, the province of Ontario's health ministry said in a release on Monday.

The patient has been in self-isolation and is being monitored, the ministry said.

"From what we know, Wuhan novel coronavirus transmits through close contact — and there's no closer contact than a husband and wife," said Ontario's health minister Christine Elliott in a tweet.

The new flu-like virus that originated in Wuhan has killed 81 people, all in China, and infected more than 2,700 others. Over a dozen countries have reported cases so far.

President Trump tweeted that the US has offered China any help necessary and "our experts are extraordinary!". The US currently had five confirmed cases of the virus.

China on Monday expanded its sweeping efforts to contain the deadly virus, extending the Lunar New Year holiday to keep the public at home and avoid spreading infection as the death toll rises.

Mongolia closed its vast border with China, and Hong Kong and Malaysia announced they would bar entry to visitors from the Chinese province at the centre of the outbreak following a warning by medical officials that the virus’s ability to spread was growing. Travel agencies were ordered to cancel group tours nationwide, adding to the rising economic losses.

Stock markets around the world were down sharply on Monday as the lockdown in Chinese cities was expected to stifle travel, shopping and business for millions of people.

Roy Cooper

The end of the Lunar New Year holiday, China’s busiest travel season, was pushed back to Sunday from Thursday to “reduce mass gatherings” and “block the spread of the epidemic,” a Cabinet statement said.

The government of Shanghai, a metropolis of 25 million people and a global business centre, extended the Lunar New York holiday by an additional week within the city to February 9. It ordered sports stadiums to close and religious events to be canceled.

Tens of millions of people in China and around Asia had been due to crowd into planes, trains and buses to return to work after visiting their hometowns or tourist sites for the holiday.

Hubei province, where Wuhan is located, has accounted for 76 of the deaths reported so far. There have been one each in Shanghai and the provinces of Hebei in the north, Heilongjiang in the northeast and Henan in central China.

The spread of the illness is being watched around the globe, with a small number of cases appearing in other countries. South Korea confirmed its fourth case Monday. Cases also have been confirmed in Thailand, Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Nepal, France, Canada and Australia.

The US cases are in Washington state, Chicago, southern California and Arizona.

China also reported eight cases in Hong Kong and five in Macao. Dr. Chuang Shuk-kwan, the head of Hong Kong’s communicable disease branch, said the city’s eight cases all have Hubei ties, so there was no sign yet that it is spreading to Hong Kong’s general population.

Mongolia is the second country to close its border with China, following North Korea. Neither has reported any cases of the virus. Mongolia also closed its schools, universities and playgrounds for more than a month.

The Potala Palace in Lhasa, the Tibetan capital, closed indefinitely to tourists on Monday. The former imperial palace in Beijing closed on Friday until further notice and other major tourist sites also have shut down, including two of Hong Kong’s most popular tourist attractions, Hong Kong Disneyland and Ocean Park.

Updated: January 27, 2020 08:06 PM

These were the details of the news President Trump offers China help as coronavirus continues to spread for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at The National and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Acwa Power sells stake in Bulgarian solar plant
NEXT World wildlife plummets more than two-thirds in 50 years