California confirms third case of China virus in US

California confirms third case of China virus in US
California confirms third case of China virus in US

Hello and welcome to the details of California confirms third case of China virus in US and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - A general view of the St. Alexius Medical Centre, where a confirmed coronavirus patient is being treated in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, US, January 25, 2020. — Reuters pic

LOS ANGELES, Jan 27 — A patient in California’s Orange County was Saturday confirmed as the third person on US soil infected with the new deadly virus that originated in China, health officials said.

The infected person was a traveler from Wuhan, the Chinese city at the epicentre of the outbreak, the Orange County Health Care Agency said.

The Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) confirmed the patient had tested positive for the Novel Coronavirus, it said.

The individual was in isolation in a local hospital and was in good condition.

“There is no evidence that person-to-person transmission has occurred in Orange County. The current risk of local transmission remains low,” the health care agency said.

There were no details given on how the person arrived in the United States or their identity.

The two other US cases involve a woman in Chicago who had travelled to Wuhan in late December before returning to the US on January 13, and a man in his thirties from Washington state who had also travelled to the Chinese city recently, the CDC said.

The previously unknown virus has caused alarm because of its similarity to SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome), which killed hundreds across mainland China and Hong Kong in 2002-2003. — AFP

These were the details of the news California confirms third case of China virus in US for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Syrian Foreign Minister: The “Turkish regime” has become rogue and out...
NEXT Hamas in Gaza 'strikes deal to reduce violence'