US resumes joint military operations in Iraq, reports NYT

US resumes joint military operations in Iraq, reports NYT
US resumes joint military operations in Iraq, reports NYT

Hello and welcome to the details of US resumes joint military operations in Iraq, reports NYT and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo speaks to the media at the State Department in Washington August 7, 2019. — Reuters pic

WASHINGTON, Jan 26 — The United States yesterday resumed joint military operations with Iraq that had been put on pause after the US drone strike that killed a top Iranian general in Baghdad, the New York Times reported.

Two US military officials quoted by the paper said the Pentagon wanted to resume these operations in order to pick up the fight against the Islamic State group.

Washington began the pause on January 5 two days after the strike that killed Iranian general Qasem Soleimani at the Baghdad airport.

The same day of the suspension furious Iraqi lawmakers voted to expel the more than 5,000 US troops that are in Iraq.

It was not immediately clear if anyone in the Iraqi government had approved the resumption of the joint military operations, the Times reported.

The Pentagon said it had no information to provide concerning a resumption when contacted by AFP.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Monday that Iraqi leaders have told him privately they support the US troop presence, despite public appeals for them to leave.

“They won't say so publicly. But privately they all welcome the fact that America is still there executing its counter terror campaign,” Pompeo said at a forum at Stanford University. — AFP

These were the details of the news US resumes joint military operations in Iraq, reports NYT for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV New WHO guidelines call for more evidence on airborne transmission
NEXT New WHO guidance calls for more evidence on airborne transmission