Hello and welcome to the details of Donations top US$30m for Kyoto Animation arson victims in Japan and now with the details
KYOTO, Dec 27 — Donations to Kyoto Animation topped ¥3.3 billion (RM124.4 million) to support survivors and bereaved families after an arson attack on the film studio in July killed over 30 people.
A spokesperson for the Kyoto prefecture government confirmed today the total amount raised following the studio’s decision this week to close the donation account. Kyodo News reported on the figure earlier.
The man suspected of torching the building had been convicted of robbery and carried out the attack because he believed his novel had been plagiarised, NHK and other media have said. Police have confirmed the identity of the suspect as Shinji Aoba, who doused the entrance of the building with petrol before setting it ablaze, media have said, citing police.
Tributes to the victims lit up social media after the attack, with world leaders and Apple Inc’s chief executive offering condolences.
As shock spread over one of the worst cases of mass killing in Japan during the past two decades, the hashtag #PrayforKyoAni, as the studio is known among fans, became popular.
Kyoto Animation, in a quiet suburb about 20 minutes by train from the centre of Kyoto, produces popular “anime” series such as the “Sound! Euphonium”. It is also known for “Violet Evergarden”, which has been shown on Netflix.
Kyoto Animation said earlier this week it would coordinate with a prefectural allocation committee to disperse the funds.
The studio is working on animated films to be released in the spring, aiming to deliver anime “that fosters dreams, hope and excitement to people all over the world.” — Reuters
These were the details of the news Donations top US$30m for Kyoto Animation arson victims in Japan for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.