This is the sequel to the 2019 college romance, After, which grossed $ 12 million domestically and $ 57 million overseas. “After We Collided” also had a theatrical release this weekend, but only made $ 420,000 in theaters that were ready to play by the day and date. This opened weeks ago in international theaters (including Canada) where it grossed over $ 46 million. This is a sign that foreign results dwarf domestic results (albeit with minimal competition).
Briarcliff opted for a non-premium VOD price and this clicked immediately. “After” was $ 14 million; I think that’s more. It picked up a fair chunk of its overseas costs and can now collect 70 percent of its domestic VoD from what appeared to be a strong response. All with significantly lower marketing costs. Two more installments for the franchise are underway.
Not so dominant, but possibly more deserving, was “Unhinged”. This Windows busting title, which first played PVOD just 60 days after its domestic release, was its first major release in late August to gross over $ 20 million domestically and another $ 24 million overseas.
This is the first PVOD release after weeks of theater play (earlier the norm was around 75 days later). It’s not available on all platforms (including Spectrum and Apple TV), but it ranked first on the revenue-based FandangoNow and third on Google Play. At $ 44 million in theaters and 80 percent of $ 19.99 on PVOD, it appears to be yet another film that beat the odds of success in tough conditions.
The third number 1 is “An Imperfect Murder”, James Toback’s thriller, which premiered at festivals in 2017 and in which Alec Baldwin plays the lead role. For some reason, Spectrum cable subscribers are thriving. it also ranked 9th on FandangoNow.
“Ava” is no longer number 1 anywhere, but remains on four charts for the second month. The action film with Jessica Chastain as a professional assassin has impressive endurance. The second weekend of Love and Monsters with Dylan O’Brien also made three charts including # 2 and # 3 shows. At $ 19.99, that’s a decent holdover. The third placer with three charts is “Trump Card”, which is number 2 on Google Play, but otherwise falls. “Mulan” is still number 4 on FandangoNow, but it probably got most of its sales when it was an exclusive streaming on Disney +.
Three new original titles appeared, including the UFO documentary “Phenomenon”, the Malin Akerman comedy “Friendsgiving” and “The Way I See It”, a documentary about Obama’s photographers in the White House. All of them made the Apple TV list (often the earliest ones, reflecting trends). “Friendsgiving” also placed at FandangoNow.
“Over the moon”
Netflix had the infrequent appearance of three different originals that ranked # 1 during the week. Her animated “Over the Moon” took this place for three days. The “Rebecca” remake was placed there for the first two days. The week started with the last two days for “Hubie Halloween” which lasted 15 days.
What isn’t as well placed is their more popular, award-winning titles. “Boys in the Band” barely appeared and quickly fell off. The Trial of the Chicago 7 reached # 2 for three days, but has now dropped to # 10. These titles bring prestige, first insights, and the potential of long term interest. As always, specialty films bring in much less than broad releases. Meet the new boss just like the old boss.
Ordered by number of transactions as of Monday October 26th
1. After we collided (Briarcliff) – 6,99 USD
2. Love and monsters (Paramount) – 19,99 USD
3. Ava (Vertical) – $ 6.99
4. The phenomenon (1091) – 5,99 USD
5. Friendsgiving (Saban) – 5,99 USD
6. Beetle juice (Warner Bros.) – $ 3.99
7. How I see it (Fokus) – 5,99 USD
8. Trump card (Cloudburst) – 3,99 USD
9. Halloween (2018) (Universal) – 3,99 USD
10. Ghostbusters (1984) – 2,99 USD
According to revenue accrued, not transactions, for October 19-25
1. Nothing (Sonnenwende) – 19,99 $
2. After we collided (Briarcliffe) – 6,99 USD
3. Love and monsters (Paramount) – 19,99 USD
4. Mulan (Disney) – 29,99 USD
5. Trump card (Cloudburst) – 3,99 USD
6. Friendsgiving (Saban) –
7. Antebellum (Lionsgate) – 19,99 USD
8. Alone (Whetstone) – $ 5.99
9. An imperfect murder (Quiver) – $ 5.99
10. Ava (Vertical) – $ 6.99
Valued on transactions between October 16-22; All prices $ 6.99 unless otherwise noted
1. Imperfect murder (Quiver)
2. Ava (Vertical)
3. Happy Halloween: Scooby Doo! (Warner Bros.)
4. Then you came (Vertical)
5. The secret: dare to dream (Gravitas Ventures)
6. Batman: death in the family (Warner Bros.)
7. The porter (Lionsgate) –
8. Love and monsters (Paramount) – 19,99 USD
9. The secrets we keep (Bleecker Strasse)
10. Antebellum (Lionsgate) – 14,99 USD
Ordered by number of transactions, with the daily position starting Monday, October 26th
1. After we collided (Briarcliffe) – 6,99 USD
2. Trump card (Cloudburst) – 3,99 USD
3. Nothing (Sonnenwende) – 19,99 $
4. Ava (Vertical) – $ 6.99
5. Beetle juice (Warner Bros.) – $ 3.99
6. Alone (Whetstone) – $ 5.99
7. Hocus focus (Disney) – 3,99 USD
8. Mulan (Disney) – 29,99 USD
9. Halloween (2018) (Universal) – 3,99 USD
10. 2067 (RLJE) – 6,99 USD
Most viewed, current ranking from Monday, October 26th
1. Over the moon (2020 Netflix Animated Original)
2. Rebecca (2020 Netflix Animated Original)
3. Hubie Halloween (2020 Netflix Original)
4. Yes, God, yes (2020 first VOD publication)
5. ParaNorman (Theatrical release 2012)
6. Trembling: Shrieker Island (VOD publication 2020)
7. Carcass (2007 norwegisches Netflix Original)
8. Der Grinch (Theatrical release 2018)
9. The secret life of pets 2 (Theatrical release 2019)
10. The Chicago Trial 7 (2020 Netflix Original)
Stay up to date with the latest movie and TV news! Register here for our email newsletter.
These were the details of the news After we climbed together on PVOD opening weekend, Unhinged is seeing... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at de24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.