While this resulted in some good matches, particularly Jeff Hardy versus AJ Styles versus Seth Rollins, it also resulted in a very scattershot show that felt largely inconsequential as pay-per-view in a cell less than two weeks before going to hell. But the draft is now complete, good or bad, and fans can begin to see the skeleton of next year’s WWE programming.
Night 2 of the WWE draft
The second Night of the Picks went largely as expected, with some notable changes to the Raw and SmackDown locker rooms. This included Raw picking “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt for the night’s first pick. Aside from the street profits drawn from Raw to SmackDown – and the Raw Tag Team Championship along with them – all titles stayed on their respective brands. You can read below to find a full selection.
2020 WWE draft:: Complete round results, roster movements
Raw Tag Team Championship – The new day (c) def. Robert Roode & Dolph Ziggler on Pinfall after meeting Roode with Midnight Hour. The match took place after New Day and The Street Profits had a “title swap” to hand over the tag titles for each team’s new brand. Roode and Ziggler, who were later drafted into SmackDown, cut them off and said they owed a shot at the Raw Tag titles.
It was a bit of a confusing situation to have a title swap, and Roode and Ziggler, drafted into SmackDown, are challenging the Now Raw Tag Champions for defeating the former Raw champions in a six-man match in the Week earlier. However, the resulting match was solid and certainly not as difficult to understand as the actual draft picks. SmackDown hardly moved any women in either night. And more disturbingly – in almost all cases – when someone was in a feud, the person they were having trouble with went with them, making it feel less like a roster reset and more like a rigged shuffling of the deck. It’s hard to call the whole process a win. Note: C-
Lana finds a quick fix for heartache
Dana Brooke & Mandy Rose def. Lana & Natalya über Pinfall when Brooke Lana stuck off Rose’s shoulders after a senton. The match came about when Lana and Natalya Rose and Brooke interrupted on Miz TV and a fight broke out between the teams. The loss initially felt like another week, another rapid loss for Lana. After losing the match, Lana cried when Natalya called her stupid before saying it stopped working and that she was through with her friend.
Lana won a double-brand battle royal for a future Raw Women’s title shot. Strong favorites Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler ran the early part of the game until Jax saved Baszler from elimination, but Baszler did not return the favor and later assisted in Jax’s elimination. It seemed like Natalya won the match, most recently eliminating Lacey Evans, but Lana hadn’t been eliminated – she had been tossed through the announce table by Jax earlier in the match – and she returned to the ring before taking Natalya off the apron threw Record the victory – and take revenge on Natalya for leaving the ship earlier in the night.
Lana was on a small brutal skid loss, although that wasn’t a problem as she wasn’t best used as a wrestler. Natalya dropping out on her team made perfect sense as Lana did nothing but competitively drag her down. But winning Lana was a nice little feel-good moment that serves up a plot between the two far more than Asuka does, as it’s hard to imagine a Lana title challenge would be good for her. Note B-
What Else Happened on WWE Raw?
- Randy Orton delivered a show opening promo before being interrupted by Drew McIntyre. Orton spoke to the WWE Champion about his upcoming Hell in a Cell match. McIntyre finally stepped in, reminding Orton that he had promised to “kick him out” every time they were in the same building. The two argued in and around the ring until McIntyre got the upper hand and Orton ran away, while McIntyre promised to have “more fun” the whole evening. That would find out if the two men quarreled to end the show and both got into their licks before WWE officials broke up the brawl.
- Kevin Owens def. Aleister Black on pinfall in a match without disqualification. Big highlight in the match, in which Black met a meteora on Owens and drove him onto four chairs set up to make a makeshift table for an approaching fall. Owens won by a table after a stunner and a power bomb.
- Lars Sullivan interrupted the second attempt on Miz TV. After his segment with Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke fell apart, Miz tried again to host the segment, this time with an interview with John Morrison. This brought out Sullivan, who brutally attacked Morrison when Miz managed to escape.
- AJ styles def. Jeff Hardy and Seth Rollins on pinfall after Hardy was laid out by a chair shot by a returning Elijah. The pre-interference match was standout television wrestling that took place after Hardy and Styles were embroiled in Rollins’ farewell speech to Raw after being drafted on SmackDown Friday.
- Angel Garza def. Andrade on Pinfall with the wing clipper. Zelina Vega commented on the match and Andrade shouted “This is for you Zelina” before hitting the wing clipper. Vega went into the ring to take care of Andrade, apparently conflicted after previously leaving her position as his manager. Then the lights went out and came back to reveal Alexa Bliss and The Fiend, who met Abigail’s sister on Andrade and Vega in stereo.
- Ricochet def. Cedric Alexander by disqualification after pretending that Alexander hit him with a chair. Ricochet and The Hurt Business agreed ahead of the match that if Ricochet wins, things will be over between them. If Alexander won, Ricochet would join The Hurt Business. During the game, MVP tried to push Alexander a chair that Ricochet caught. Then he knocked the chair on the canvas, threw it to Alexander and fell to the floor. The referee believed Alexander had used the chair and requested disqualification.
These were the details of the news WWE Raw Results, Summary, Grades: Candidate for the # 1 Women’s... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at de24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.