Saudi engineers upgrade first suites in Boeing B777 aircraft

Saudi engineers upgrade first suites in Boeing B777 aircraft
Saudi engineers upgrade first suites in Boeing B777 aircraft

Thank you for reading the news about Saudi engineers upgrade first suites in Boeing B777 aircraft and now with the details

Jeddah - Yasmine El Tohamy - RIYADH: Top industry leaders from Latin America, Asia, Africa, and Oceania will gather in Riyadh next week to discuss emissions trading policy in preparation for the COP28 summit. 

The Kingdom’s Regional Voluntary Carbon Market Co. will host the Global South Carbon Markets Conference on Oct. 26 during the Future Investment Initiative in association with S&P Global Commodity Insights.  

Speakers at the conference will discuss the positive impact of carbon trading on climate change, the sovereignty of credits in the Global South, and the role of Islamic Finance in accelerating green market development. 

Rania Nashar, chairwoman of RVCMC, said: “Carbon trading is a key tool in helping the world address the devastating effects of climate change. With this event in Riyadh, we are bringing together voices from across the Global South to find agreement on what we all want to see happen at COP28.” 

Launched in October 2022, RCVMC is a joint venture between Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, holding a 80 percent stake, and Tadawul Group, which owns the remaining 20 percent. The company aims to enable emissions offset via carbon credits and aspires to become a global leader in the sector. 

Nashar added: “We need a unified approach to help take this fast-growing market in carbon credits and see it become an even more crucial factor in supporting the global drive toward a carbon-neutral future.” 

Riham ElGizy, CEO of RCVMC said that carbon trading is very crucial for the world to mitigate the risks associated with climate change. 

“Carbon trading can become a very powerful tool to scale and finance the export of voluntary carbon credits from the Global South, to mitigate the impacts of climate change globally while providing the Global South with financial resources to support their development and address the impacts of climate change,” she said. 

During the Middle East and North Africa Climate Week earlier this month, ElGizy told Arab News that RCVMC is planning to launch a carbon credit exchange platform in the second half of 2024. 

“My next plan is to launch the exchange, which is going to be a spot market to help price discovery by 2024. We will have as well in that exchange over the counter, we will have a marketplace for suppliers to sell their own product… So three offerings,” ElGizy said.

These were the details of the news Saudi engineers upgrade first suites in Boeing B777 aircraft for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Arab News and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

NEXT US Fed holds key rate steady for fourth straight meeting

Author Information

I am Jeff King and I’m passionate about business and finance news with over 4 years in the industry starting as a writer working my way up into senior positions. I am the driving force behind Al-KhaleejToday.NET with a vision to broaden the company’s readership throughout 2016. I am an editor and reporter of “Financial” category. Address: 383 576 Gladwell Street Longview, TX 75604, USA Phone: (+1) 903-247-0907 Email: [email protected]