Thank you for your reading and interest in the news UAE Cabinet reshuffle appoints new ministers and merges departments in push for agile government and now with details
Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid merged several ministries and departments in a Cabinet reshuffle on Sunday in a drive to create a more agile government.
The Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai set out a new structure for several public institutions and brought new talent into the Cabinet.
“Our goal from the structural changes are for a government quicker in its decision-making … effectively adjusts with changes … better in seizing opportunities in dealing with this new phase in history – an agile government and quick in solidifying the achievement of our nation,” he wrote on Twitter.
The new government has one year to meet the new priorities. Constant changes will remain the slogan... until we reach the best government model that keeps up in this new era and achieves the aspirations of the Emirati people
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid
"The new government has one year to meet the new priorities. Constant changes will remain the slogan of the upcoming period until we reach the best government model that keeps up this new era and achieves the aspirations of the Emirati people," he said.
The Prime Minister confirmed the creation of a new Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology - and appointed three ministers to lead the Ministry of Economy, in recognition of its importance.
He also appointed a Head of Cybersecurity for the whole Government in recognition of the online threats faced today.
Sheikh Mohammed further set out a special project to look at how working from home could be made efficient - and ensure services will serve people there.
Among the changes were:
– 50 per cent of government service centres to be eliminated, to become digital portals within two years and merging of 50 per cent of federal authorities or adding them to ministries;
– the establishment of a new Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology, led by Dr Sultan Al Jaber;
– merging the Ministry of Energy and Ministry of Infrastructure to become become one Ministry of Energy and Infrastructure, led by current energy minister Suhail Al Mazrouei;
– Ministry of Economy will have three senior ministers – Abdullah bin Touq as Minister of Economy, Ahmed Belhoul as Minister of State for Business and SMEs and Dr Thani al Zeyoudi as Minister of State for Foreign Trade;
– A new Ministry of Culture and Youth will be led by Noura Al Kaabi as Minister of Culture and Youth and Shamma Al Mazrouei as Minister of State for Youth;
– The Federal Water and Electricity Authority (FEWA), Emirates Post, and Emirates Transport and Emirates Real Estate Corp (EREC) were merged to become the Emirates Investment Authority;
– Ohoud Al Roumi, moves from Minister of Happiness to Minister of State for Government Development and The Future. Her previous duties focusing on quality of life and happiness move to the Ministry of Community Development;
– Omar Al Olama will become Minister of State for Digital Economy and AI, overseeing how to develop working from home capabilities. "The future working environment in medicine, education and trade will change dramatically and we aim to be in the forefront of these changes and to be the world's leading example," Sheikh Mohammed said.
– Hamad Al Mansoori was appointed Head of the Government's Digital Services and tasked with creating a single portal for all services in a "complete digital turnaround". He was previously head of telecoms regulator TRA.
– The National Media Council, which regulates media, television and cinema, among other areas, will be merged into the Ministry of Culture and Youth. State news agency Wam will be brought under the Ministry of Presidential Affairs';
– Ahmed Juma Al Zaabi assigned Minister of Federal National Council Affairs;
– Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak was reconfirmed as Minister of Tolerance;
– Minister of Food Security Mariam Almheiri joins the Ministry of Presidential Affairs. "Food security remains a priority through two ministers - the Minister of Food and Water Security will focus on the country's national cache of food and the investment in food technology and international relations, and the Minister of Environment to support farmers and the nurturing of the country's fish and animal wealth," Sheikh Mohammed said
– A new UAE Government Media Office, reporting to the Cabinet and led by Saeed Al Itir, will cover the offices of public diplomacy, and oversee all media communications for the UAE locally and internationally;
– Mohammed Hamad Al Kuwaiti was assigned Head of Cybersecurity for the UAE Government. "The safety of our digital government is a vital part of our collective national security. and protecting our digital borders is as important as protecting our land," Sheikh Mohammed said.
– Huda Al Shamsi, who works in Sheikh Mohammed's office, was assigned Head of Government Innovation and Strategy. "She has been on my team for 10 years and my trust in her is great," Sheikh Mohammed said.
– Mohammed bin Taleah was made Head of the Government's Federal Services, "so that it may be one of the best globally," the Prime Minister said.
– Huda Al Hashimi was made Head of Strategy and Government Innovation
In May, Sheikh Mohammed said governments had to change with the times.
“Anyone who thinks that the world after Covid-19 will be the same as the one before it is mistaken,” he said on May 13, after a three-day meeting of senior officials.
“The goal is to draw up a plan for the UAE after the Covid-19 virus crisis, a plan that will ensure that we are the fastest country in recovery.”
The May summit was held to produce business plans and policies for the ensure the short, medium and long-term development, and enable the country to tackle economic and social challenges that arose from the pandemic.
Updated: July 5, 2020 01:38 PM
These were the details of the news UAE Cabinet reshuffle appoints new ministers and merges departments in push for agile government for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at The National and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.