Apple introduced widgets with the iOS 14 update, allowing users to customize their home screen with app icons as well as pre-made widgets for specific apps like clock, news, weather, and more.
And while many pre-made first-party widgets are available for many native and third-party apps, there is no way to create a custom widget. Being able to create a custom widget with a choice of design, font, background, and functionality would make this feature much better. Fortunately, there are many third-party apps available on the App Store that allow users to do the same.
So, if you are wondering how to create custom widgets on iPhone, here are the steps you will need to follow:
– iOS 14 or higher.
Access to the Apple App Store to download the app.
Steps to Create a Widget on iPhone
1. Download Widgetsmith for iOS from the Apple App Store.
Note that the free version of the app comes with limited functionality and only allows users to create widgets for clock, reminders, clock, photos, and more.
2. Once downloaded, open the app and select the size of the widget you want to create.
iPhone supports three sizes of widgets – small, medium and large. We want to create a small widget, so choose Add Small Widget.
3. Now rename the widget based on the purpose. So, we are making a watch widget, so call it watch
4. Click on the widget icon to customize it.
Here you can choose the widget’s font, hue, background color, and border. Various types of patterns are also available.
5. Once done, press the Save button and go to the main screen.
6. Long press on the home screen and click on the “+” icon at the top left, choose Widgetsmith and select the size of the widget you just created (in this case it will be small).
7. Now, long press on the widget and choose the Edit widget option and select the widget that you created.
These were the details of the news How do you do it?.. How to create a “widget” dedicated... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at eg24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.