Prosecutor investigations have been initiated against the doctor of Argentina’s late football icon Diego Maradona.
The competent authority of San Isidro near the capital Buenos Aires confirmed on Sunday media reports about investigations against Leopoldo Luque on suspicion of negligent homicide. The doctor rejected all allegations a short time later.
As part of the initiated proceedings, searches of Luque’s private house and treatment rooms took place on Sunday. The investigators were looking for evidence of misconduct by the doctor in the treatment of the 60-year-old. The three daughters of Maradona are said to have asked the authorities in previous statements to review the medication that their father had been prescribed in the past months and in connection with a brain operation.
Luque had operated on Maradona earlier this month in a clinic in La Plata for a blood clot in the brain. Eight days after the operation, the 1986 world champion was released. Two weeks later, Maradona died last Wednesday, according to official information, of complications from a heart attack.
The doctor denied technical errors in the treatment of his prominent patient. “I’m not responsible for what happened. I always did the best for him up to the last moment,” said Luque a few hours after the raids at a press conference in front of his house that was called at short notice: “There was no medical error. In one patient with its symptoms, a heart attack is the most normal cause of death in the world. “
The prosecution later said they had started to evaluate the collected material. “Our investigations are ongoing, we are talking to witnesses, including family members,” the official said. However, “no decision” has yet been made “regarding the procedural situation of any person”.
These were the details of the news Suspicion of negligent homicide: raid on Maradona doctor – football – for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at de24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.