Thank you for reading the news about Cavani investigated by English FA over social media post and now with the details
Aden - Yasmine El Tohamy - Manchester United's Edinson Cavani celebrates scoring a goal with Victor Lindelof. (Reuters)
The Uruguayan striker sent an Instagram post including the Spanish word "negrito" (‘black’) in reply to a message of congratulations
Edinson Cavani’s joy at scoring twice for Manchester United on Sunday could be dampened as he is to be investigated by the Football Association over a social media post he subsequently deleted.
The 33-year-old Uruguayan striker sent an Instagram post including the Spanish word “negrito” (‘black’) in reply to a message of congratulations after his brace completed a come-from-behind 3-2 win over Southampton.
United said the word was clearly used in an affectionate manner and has different connotations in South America.
The club said the former Paris Saint Germain forward had been informed such terms are viewed as derogatory in Britain and he subsequently deleted the post.
The FA issued guidelines pre-season clamping down on racist and discriminatory language and behaviour, with offences on social media carrying a minimum three-game ban.
Manchester City’s Bernardo Silva and Dele Alli of Tottenham were both suspended for one match last season after posts that breached the guidelines. —
These were the details of the news Cavani investigated by English FA over social media post for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Khaleej Times and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.