The Tour Down Under will take a national approach for 2021 after it was announced that the international cycling race traditionally held in South Australia has been canceled.
He said it was possible that viewers could watch the changed event of 2021 as long as they stayed outdoors and socially far away.
“We definitely want to see cycling in South Africa and we want people to come off the interstate, but there won’t be an international race in 2021,” Marshall said.
“Our focus is on protecting and expanding as many jobs as possible. This is one of the reasons we are pivoting during the coronavirus. We can’t just pause everything. We have to do things differently. ”
The international race has been postponed to 2022.
Last year’s event drew more than 779,362 spectators, of whom 44,801 were traveling to the state from either the interstate or overseas.
Tour Down Under race director Stuart O’Grady said he was disappointed that the event had been canceled but that public health and safety were a priority.
“I believe we can put aside an international event for a year and make our South Australian hearts beat faster by offering a new, redesigned event for cyclists and communities across the country,” he said on ABC Radio.
“This event doesn’t take place anywhere, the teams love it. It’s one of the best races in the world and it’s something that certainly won’t go away, it’s just a break. “
Hitaf Rasheed, executive director of Events SA, said the logistics of getting international teams to Australia amid a pandemic was the main problem.
“We did everything we could to think about how we could deliver it, but unfortunately in the end it was the international component with over 400 people in the international teams that proved the most difficult to overcome,” she said The advertiser.
Mr Marshall also said the Adelaide Fringe Festival would take place in 2021 while the organizers of the WOMADelaide global music festival worked with SA Health on a “modified program”.
“I think we all need to change our large crowd events.
“We were able to develop a protocol for art events so that we don’t have full capacity but can have 50 percent capacity for events with tickets and seats. However, it is more complicated when you have large crowds that you are not in. I don’t know who you were standing next to.
“The concept of letting tens of thousands of people wander around in the SA parklands will not become a reality next year.”
The SA opposition leader flew to Sydney on Monday to discuss the future of the Adelaide 500 Superloop after the cancellation of the event was announced last week.
Union leader Peter Malinauskas and shadow treasurer Stephen Mullighan traveled together to meet with Supercars Australia boss Sean Seamer on a pledge to return the event in case he wins the 2022 state elections.
Mr Malinauskas said the state government’s decision to cancel the V8 supercar race means SA will lose tens of millions of dollars, hundreds of jobs and thousands of interstate tourists.
“In the midst of a recession, we need a government that invests in major events and tourism that generate millions of dollars in economic activity. Steven Marshall’s decision is terribly short-sighted, ”he said.
However, Mr Marshall hit back on his Labor counterpart, saying he was “dangerously misinformed” about the fundamentals, costs and ways of conducting the race.
“To Peter Malinauskas, it seems like a ruthless method of policy development. The SATC board reviewed all of the data and formulated a unanimous recommendation and view that they presented to us in the government.
“We accepted that with great reluctance. We would like to continue the event but we have looked at all of the data but it is just not feasible, especially given the current coronavirus situation. ”
Last year’s three-day event grossed $ 45.9 million for the state’s economy, created 435 full-time jobs, and attracted more than 15,000 interstate visitors.
These were the details of the news TDU and Superloop 500 have canceled, but Fringe and WOMAD have... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at de24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.