UFC 254 is now just hours away. With the exception of a few stragglers, the fighters have gained weight and we’re good to go. At the top of the menu is probably the biggest fight of 2020: an absolute blast in the truest sense of the word. A light union competition between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Justin gaethje.
It could be the most compelling match of the year from a style standpoint.
For more of that
Subscribe to the CNET Now newsletter to receive the most important stories of the day from our editors.
In one corner we have Nurmagomedov: the most dominant champion in UFC history. With a record of 28: 0, he lost only one round in his entire MMA career – against Conor McGregor bei UFC 229 – and dominated almost every second second he was in the octagon.
In the other corner, possibly his nightmare match. Not only is Justin Gaethje a technical bat with concrete slabs for the hands (and perhaps the best kicks in MMA), he’s also a world class wrestler. The consensus is that Gaethje has a better chance than anyone of keeping this fight on his feet and outside of Nurmagomedov’s comfort zone – who likes knocking down opponents and destroying them with ground and pounds until they are deprived of life and energy. If you want more insight into this match, you can’t do better than Inside The Octagon with Dan Hardy. Great show, great insight.
If you want more information about the fight and the backstory leading up to the competition, I recommend UFC Countdown.
UFC 254’s card is pretty easy, with the exception of one fight: a middleweight contest between former champ Robert Whittaker and Jared Cannonier. This one is going to be an absolute blast so don’t miss out. Whittaker is one of the all-time UFC middleweights, and Cannonier has been a wrecking ball for the past few years. The winner will most likely compete against the current champion Israel Adesanyaso turn it on.
How to watch UFC 254
This year the UFC has entered into a new partnership with ESPN. This is good news for the UFC and the expansion of the MMA sport, but bad news for consumer choice. Especially if you are one of those UFC fans who want to see UFC live in the US.
In the US, if you want to know how to watch UFC 254, the only way to find fight night is through ESPN Plus on PPV. The cost structure is a bit confusing, but according to the ESPN website, this is where the options are to watch UFC on ESPN.
- Existing annual ESPN Plus subscribers can order the upcoming UFC fight for $ 65.
- Existing monthly ESPN Plus subscribers can either upgrade to an annual plan and purchase UFC PPV for $ 85, or the option to watch the UFC event on PPV for $ 65 for themselves.
- New ESPN Plus subscribers can purchase a bundle of a UFC streaming in HD (HD) event and annual ESPN Plus recurring subscription for $ 85. The annual ESPN Plus ESPN subscription automatically renews after one year at the price of an ESPN Plus annual subscription at the time of the automatic renewal.
You can follow all of the above at the link below.
MMA fans in there United Kingdom can watch UFC 254 exclusively through BT Sport. There are more options when you live in Australia. You can watch UFC 254 through Main Event on Foxtel. You can also watch on the UFC website or through their app. You can even order using your PlayStation 4 or the UFC app on your Xbox One.
That’s funny. Usually UFC events have the same start times. This time it’s completely upside down. So pay close attention to the following times. For those in other regions, the UFC has a great list of tee times.
- The primary card begins October 24 at 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT).
- Preliminary rounds begin October 24th at 12 p.m. ET (9 a.m. PT).
- The early preliminaries begin Oct. 24 at 10:15 a.m. ET (7:15 p.m. PT)
- The main card starts on October 24th at 7 p.m. CET.
- The preliminary rounds begin on October 24th at 5 p.m. CET.
- The early preliminary rounds begin on October 24th at 3.15 a.m.CET.
- The main card begins on October 25th at 5am AEDT.
- The preliminary rounds will start on October 25th at 3 a.m. (AEDT).
- The early preliminary rounds begin on October 25th at 1:15 a.m. AEDT.
This card is subject to change. We will try to keep up to date as much as possible.
- Khabib Nurmagomedov versus Justin Gaethje,
- Robert Whittaker gegen Jared Cannonier
- Alexander Volkov versus Walt Harris
- Jacob Malhoun vs. Phil Hawes
- Cynthia Calvillo gegen Lauren Murphy
- Magomed Ankalaev versus Ion Cutelaba
- Stefan Struve Vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Nathaniel Wood gegen Casey Kenney
- Alex Oliveira Vs. Shavkat Rahkmonov
- Da-un Ung vs. Sam Alvey
- Liana Jojua versus Miranda Maverick
- Joel Alvarez versus Alexander Yakovlev
These were the details of the news UFC 254: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Justin Gaethje – start time, how... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at de24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.