Premier League clubs vote against use of 5 substitutes next season: BBC

Premier League clubs vote against use of 5 substitutes next season: BBC
Premier League clubs vote against use of 5 substitutes next season: BBC

Thank you for reading the news about Premier League clubs vote against use of 5 substitutes next season: BBC and now with the details

Aden - Yasmine El Tohamy - Clubs were allowed to increase the number of substitutes from three per match in the 2019-20 campaign when the league restarted in June

English Premier League clubs have voted against continuing to allow the use of five substitutes in each game next season, the BBC reported on Thursday.

Clubs were allowed to increase the number of substitutes from three per match in the 2019-20 campaign when the league restarted in June, after a three-month hiatus due to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus.

Teams will revert to three substitutes in the 2020-21 campaign after a vote on Thursday, the BBC said https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53662014.

Soccer's rule-making body IFAB in May changed the rules governing the maximum number of substitutes, looking to help teams battling possible fixture congestion as they tried to complete the season in a short period of time.

The IFAB said last month that teams could continue to use up to five substitutes next season, but left it up to individual federations and leagues to decide if they wanted to adopt the rule

These were the details of the news Premier League clubs vote against use of 5 substitutes next season: BBC for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Khaleej Times and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

NEXT TENNIS: Egypt’s Mohamed Safwat exits US Open with defeat to Gilles Simon