Thank you for reading the news about Al-Hilal, Al-Nassr striker feted at Dubai Globe Soccer Awards and now with the details
Jeddah - Yasmine El Tohamy - DUBAI: Saudi Arabia’s Al-Hilal football club and the striker of Saudi club Al-Nassr were among the recipients of 17 awards presented during the 11th edition of the Dubai Globe Soccer Awards on Sunday night.
The Riyadh-based Al-Hilal football club was awarded Best Arab Club of the Year while the Al-Nassr Moroccan striker Abderrazak Hamdallah clinched the accolade for Best Arab Player.
The awards were in recognition of the football stars in the region by the Dubai Globe Soccer Awards in cooperation with Kooora.
“The global success of the Dubai Globe Soccer Awards over the years is tangible proof of how the football industry has grown exponentially in every aspect in the Middle East. Through these awards, we aim to motivate and inspire athletes, both young and young at heart, men and women, as well as all those who work tirelessly behind the scenes, always giving the best of themselves for the continuous expansion of this wonderful sport that is football,” said Tommaso Bendoni, CEO of Dubai Globe Soccer Awards.
Hilal were the winners of the AFC Champions League for the third time in 2019, equalling the record of the Korean club Pohang Steelers in Asia’s premier club competition.
Hamdallah won the Saudi Professional League with his club, and has been awarded a number of individual prizes during the course of the 2018-2019 season: the Saudi Professional League Golden Boot, the Saudi Professional League Player of the Season and the Saudi Professional League Top Scorer.
The glittering ceremony also saw Portuguese champion Cristiano Ronaldo honored for the sixth time as Best Men’s Player of the Year in acknowledgement of his success during the season, winning in Italy with Juventus FC (Serie A) and in Europe with Portugal (UEFA Nations League).
Sharing the stage in Dubai to receive an award dedicated to the best athletes at the international level was English champion Lucy Bronze, who was named Best Women’s Player of the Year.
After a stellar season with Olympique Lyonnais, which can count four prizes in its trophy cupboard for 2019 — French Championship, French Cup, Trophee des Championnes (France) and UEFA Women’s Champions League (Europe) — Bronze enters into the history of Globe Soccer as the first holder of the prize dedicated to women in football.
The following are the 17 awards presented at the Dubai Globe Soccer Awards:
1. Best Academy of the Year: AFC Ajax and S.L. Benfica
2. Best Agent of the Year: Jorge Mendes
3. Best Club of the Year: Liverpool FC
4. Best Coach of the Year: Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool FC)
5. Best Goalkeeper of the Year: Alisson Becker
6. Best Men’s Player of the Year: Cristiano Ronaldo
7. Best Partnership of the Year Award by SportBusiness: Manchester City F.C. and SAP
8. Best Referee of the Year: Stephanie Frappart
9. Best Revelation Player: Joao Felix (Atletico Madrid, Portugal’s national team)
10. Best Sporting Director: Andrea Berta (Atletico Madrid)
11. Best Women’s Player of the Year: Lucy Bronze
12. Best Young Arab Player of the Year: Achraf Hakimi
13. Kooora — Best Arab Club Award: Al-Hilal SFC (Saudi Arabia)
14. Kooora — Best Arab Player Award: Abderazak Hamdallah (Al-Nassr FC, Saudi Arabia)
15. Player Career Award: Miralem Pjanic and Ryan Giggs
Note: There are two winners for Best Academy of the Year and Player Career Award.
These were the details of the news Al-Hilal, Al-Nassr striker feted at Dubai Globe Soccer Awards for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Arab News and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.