Thank you for reading the news about Togo, Sao Tome and Principe confirm support for Saudi bids to host Expo 2030, World Cup 2034 and now with the details
Jeddah - Yasmine El Tohamy - MANILA: Philippine police said on Thursday they were investigating the murder of a Saudi national, who was shot dead in an ambush attack in the country’s south.
The incident took place on Tuesday evening, when the man was driving with his wife and her brother on a busy public road in Shariff Aguak municipality, Maguindanao province, in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.
Two gunmen on a motorbike opened fire on them, killing the Saudi citizen and wounding his spouse.
The Saudi Embassy in Manila has identified the victim as Sulaiman Jamal and said it was “following up very carefully on the condition of (Jamal’s) injured wife after she was transferred to a hospital near the scene of the accident.”
Brig. Gen. Allan Nobleza, BARMM police regional director, told Arab News that police were determining the motive behind the murder.
“They were tailed by motorcycle-riding suspects … The investigation is still ongoing,” he said. “Jamal sustained a gunshot wound to his left ear that resulted in his instantaneous death.”
Jamal’s wife “is still in critical condition,” Shariff Aguak Police Chief Maj. Haron Macabanding told Arab News, as officers were trying to establish the identity of the suspects.
“My investigator went to the hospital … but she cannot talk.”
The incident took place on a national highway and many vehicles were passing by as the suspects shot at Jamal’s car.
“There are eyewitnesses, but they are afraid to talk, to reveal information to the police. But we are convincing them to tell the truth if they witnessed the incident,” Macabanding said.
“At the time of the incident, there was a power interruption, so it was dark in the area.”
According to police records, Jamal and his wife settled in Maguindanao last year, Macabanding said, adding that they were “engaged in helping people who are in need.”
These were the details of the news Togo, Sao Tome and Principe confirm support for Saudi bids to host Expo 2030, World Cup 2034 for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Arab News and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.