UK denounces Houthi attack against Saudi territory, as EU condemns ongoing violence in Yemen

UK denounces Houthi attack against Saudi territory, as EU condemns ongoing violence in Yemen
UK denounces Houthi attack against Saudi territory, as EU condemns ongoing violence in Yemen

Thank you for reading the news about UK denounces Houthi attack against Saudi territory, as EU condemns ongoing violence in Yemen and now with the details

Jeddah - Yasmine El Tohamy - LONDON: The UK on Thursday condemned the latest attacks by Yemen’s Houthi militia on Saudi Arabia that targeted Abha International airport.
The Iran-backed Houthis attacked the airport in the south of the Kingdom on Wednesday, leaving a commercial plane on the tarmac engulfed in flames.
“The Houthis must end these outrageous attacks,” foreign minister Dominic Raab said in a tweet.
Several countries and organizations have released statements condemning and denouncing the recent attack.

Last week the Houthi militia also sparked international condemnation after launching a series of drones toward Saudi Arabia, which were intercepted by Arab coalition forces.
Raab said that “the UK is steadfast in its unwavering support for the security of Saudi territory.”
The new Biden administration has also renewed its commitment to protecting the Kingdom’s territory and its people.         
The attack came only days after the US moved to delist the insurgents as “terrorists.”
Meanwhile, on Thursday, the European Parliament also condemned the ongoing violence in Yemen that had “degenerated into the worst humanitarian crisis in the world,” it said.
“There can be no military solution to the conflict and the crisis can only be resolved sustainably through an inclusive Yemeni-led and Yemeni-owned negotiation process,” said MEPs in a resolution adopted on Thursday by 638 votes for, 12 against and 44 abstentions.
MEPs said nearly 80 percent of Yemenis — more than 24 million people — are in need of humanitarian assistance, while 50,000 people are living in famine-like conditions, calling on “all parties to facilitate the rapid and unimpeded passage of humanitarian relief and other necessary goods to the population.”
They said this figure is expected to triple by the middle of the year.
“All parties must urgently refrain from starving civilians as a method of warfare, MEPs stress, whilst pushing for targeted measures to be imposed against those taking part in acts that violate international humanitarian law,” the statement added.
They also urged the European Commission and EU member states to lead international efforts to urgently scale up humanitarian aid, after the bloc pledged to triple aid this year.

These were the details of the news UK denounces Houthi attack against Saudi territory, as EU condemns ongoing violence in Yemen for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Arab News and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

NEXT Saudi security forces seize 94 kg of hashish in Jazan