Turkey earthquake .. Saudi Arabia regrets the casualties in Izmir …...

Turkey earthquake .. Saudi Arabia regrets the casualties in Izmir …...
Turkey earthquake .. Saudi Arabia regrets the casualties in Izmir …...
(CNN) – The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia expressed regret for the deaths and injuries in the Turkish city of Izmir, after an earthquake struck the Aegean Sea, Friday.

A statement by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that the Kingdom expresses its deep pain and regret for the death and injury of dozens in the Turkish Izmir as a result of the earthquake that struck the Aegean Sea in western Turkey, calling on God to have mercy on the dead and grant the injured a speedy recovery.

In a related context, France offered to send aid to Turkey and Greece in the wake of Friday’s earthquake.

“France stands with the Turkish and Greek people in the face of this terrible ordeal,” said the French Interior Minister, Gerald Darmanin, on Twitter.

“If the governments of these countries so desire, French aid can be sent immediately to the scene,” Darmanin added.

Tensions have escalated between France and Turkey in recent weeks, prompting the Turkish president to call for a boycott of French products and to summon French President Emmanuel Macron, his country’s ambassador to Turkey.

At the same rate, the European Union offered to provide assistance to Turkey and Greece. “Our thoughts are with Greece and Turkey, we are following the situation and we are ready to help in every possible way,” said European Commission President Urusula von der Leyen.

Rescue efforts are still underway in the Turkish province of Izmir, after an earthquake struck its epicenter in the Aegean Sea, off the Greek island of Samos.

While Greece reported that 4 people were injured and old houses were damaged, the Turkish authorities said that 6 dead and 202 injured, which are the number of earthquake victims so far.

The Turkish Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD) said that the floods flooded the streets of the Turkish coastal cities of Cesme and Sefreisar, after the earthquake, which killed 4 people so far.

The Disaster and Emergency Management Department added that searches continued in 12 damaged buildings that collapsed in Izmir.

These were the details of the news Turkey earthquake .. Saudi Arabia regrets the casualties in Izmir …... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at saudi24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Historical miniature paintings depict Holy Mosques before expansion
NEXT Saudi Heritage Commission unveils latest archaeological finds at ancient site in Asir