Alleged cannibal killed while in police custody

Thank you for your reading and interest in the news Alleged cannibal killed while in police custody and now with details

Aden - Yasmin Abdel Azim - Manila: A suspect who allegedly beheaded a woman before feasting on her brain was killed in a scuffle with policemen.

Reports reaching Manila said Lloyd Bagtong was killed last Friday by one of the police officers who was escorting him on the way to the hospital in Misamis Occidental in Southern Philippines.

The 21 year-old suspect had been accused of murdering the woman last Wednesday and was arrested on Friday. Authorities had wanted to determine if Bagtong had some psychiatric concerns which triggered him to kill the victim.

Allegedly, he was shot when he tried to grab the service handgun of one of the policemen assigned to escort him.

Bagtong, who bore four gunshot wounds, had been taken to the hospital in Talisayan but was declared by doctors dead upon arrival.

Accused

Prior to his death, Bagtong had admitted to police that he killed the woman. He said that he was trying to strike a conversation with the victim but the latter spoke to him in a language he cannot understand.

Using a scythe, he decapitated his victim and then took her head home before cooking it. He said he then used her brain as a rice topping.

He said that he murdered the woman because the victim had spoken to him in English and he could not understand a word she was saying.

Manila-based daily Philippine Star quoted Police Maj. Dennis delos Santos as saying that suspect claimed to be drunk and hungry at the time the killing took place at a secluded area in Punta Santiago in Talisayan

The woman’s headless body was found by residents of Punta Santiago in Talisayan last December 5. The upper body was shirtless, but the lower trunk was clad in jeans.

Before he died, Bagtong told to police where he had hidden the remains of his victim’s severed head.

These were the details of the news Alleged cannibal killed while in police custody for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Gulf News and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

NEXT 'Megxit': Harry and Meghan formally quit royal life