The advance of the Ethiopian army forced the Tigrayan militants to retreat to their home region (Anatolia)
On Thursday, the Ethiopian government announced that the federal forces "will not make any further incursions" into the country Tigray Province north of the country.
And government spokesman Legisi Tolo said, in press statements, that the forces “received orders to preserve the areas that they recaptured from the elements.” Tigray People’s Liberation Front, without further penetration into the region,” according to the Associated Press.
He indicated the end of the first phase of the military operation against the rebels in the Tigray region. He added, “At this moment the enemy’s desire and ability (to wage war) has been severely destroyed. The government will take further steps to ensure that the will of (Tigray forces) does not appear again in the future.”
The Ethiopian army has made strong advances in recent weeks, retaking major towns and cities in the neighboring Amhara and Afar regions, which were captured by Tigrayan fighters earlier this year.
This advance forced the TPLF militants to retreat to their home region.
Earlier this week, the leader of the Tigray People’s Liberation Front forces said the fighters had “received orders to withdraw to Tigray,” according to the same source.
War broke out in Ethiopia in November 2020, when the Ethiopian Prime Minister AB Ahmed Federal forces moved to Tigray to control local authorities emanating from the Tigray People’s Liberation Front, after they were accused of attacking an Ethiopian army barracks.
Abi Ahmed justified the move by saying that the front’s forces attacked the federal army’s camps, and vowed to “achieve a quick victory.”
These were the details of the news The Ethiopian government announces that the army will “not penetrate” further... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at saudi24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.