Saudi Foreign Minister Faisal bin Farhan accused the Lebanese “Hezbollah” of “obstructing the investigation” into the Beirut port explosion, calling on the authorities of this country to take measures to liberate it from the “domination” of the party.
In an interview with France 24, Ben Farhan said in response to a question about the Lebanese crisis that erupted between Beirut and Riyadh recently: “There is no crisis with Lebanon, but there is a crisis in Lebanon,” noting that “political and economic corruption is rampant and persistent” in this country.
He added, “Hezbollah is doing its best to obstruct the investigation of the Beirut port explosion,” which occurred on August 4, 2020, considering that the party “uses military force to impose its will on the Lebanese people.”
He added, “The Lebanese political class must take what is necessary to liberate Lebanon from the domination of Hezbollah.”
And he added, “(Hezbollah Secretary-General Hassan) Nasrallah has previously admitted receiving support from Iran, and this is worrying for us.”
“We hope that conditions in Lebanon will change in a way that will allow us to return positively,” he added.
A diplomatic crisis erupted between Riyadh and Beirut, after the statements of the Minister of Information in the Lebanese government, George Kordahi (before taking over the portfolio), who said in a recorded interview to the “People’s Parliament” program broadcast on Al-Jazeera in response to a question about his position on what is happening in Yemen. : “A people are defending themselves. Are they attacking anyone? In my opinion, this Yemeni war is absurd and must stop.”
Qardahi considered that “the Houthis are defending themselves in the face of external aggression,” so one of the attendees asked him: “Do you consider that the UAE and Saudi Arabia are assaulting Yemen?” It has been going on for 8 years, and what you cannot do in two or three years, you will not be able to do in 8 years.”
Source: “Al-Watan newspaper” + RT
These were the details of the news Saudi Arabia accuses “Hezbollah” of obstructing the investigation into the explosion... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at saudi24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.