After the Sudanese army chief announced the formation of a new Sovereignty Council under his leadership, the “Sudanese Professionals Association” calls in a statement for a million march today, Saturday, in protest against this measure and for making the coup a fait accompli in Sudan.
The “Sudanese Professionals Association” called for a peaceful, million-strong demonstration today, Saturday, in Sudan, to reject the appointment of a military council, and to make the coup a fait accompli in the country.
A statement by the assembly indicated in a tweet on Twitter that the formation of the army commander, Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, with his leadership, with members of the Islamic movement and the National Congress, “represents a clear betrayal of the principles of the glorious December revolution and its martyrs,” according to the assembly’s statement.
The assembly published a map of the demonstrations scheduled for today under the name “The November 13 Million” in Khartoum State, in protest against Al-Burhan’s decisions.
The assembly’s statement also clarified in a tweet to him on “Twitter” about the statement that will be recited by speakers from the resistance committees’ coordination.
The gathering called on the demonstrators to adhere to the peaceful and the slogans rejecting what he described as a “coup”, pointing out that there will be “distributed and mobile ambulances with processions.”
The assembly also announced the start of mass demonstrations in the city of Bahri, north of Khartoum, to start from this afternoon, through the neighborhoods of the north, south and east of the city.
The assembly urged the demonstrators to “adhere to health precautions facing the Corona pandemic, such as social distancing, wearing masks and sterilization during and after the procession.”
Activists tweeted on Twitter under the hashtag Millionism on November 13, and No_to_the_military_coup, to express their rejection of the coup.
The Sudanese Professionals Association had earlier called for demonstrations “to demand civilian rule and to reject the army’s actions.”
And the official Sudanese television said, yesterday evening, Friday, that the capital authorities will close most of the bridges in Khartoum state, starting from midnight Friday / Saturday, hours before the start of the demonstrations.
The US Embassy is following up
For its part, the US Embassy in Sudan announced that it will follow up today the demonstrations scheduled to take place against what it called the “military seizure of power”, in a statement published on its account on the “Facebook” website, on the eve of the start of the demonstrations.
The embassy said it was “closely following the demonstrations against the military takeover of power on the 25th of last October,” adding, “We are deeply concerned about the arrests of political leaders and activists, as well as the number of civilians who have been injured or killed.”
The US embassy affirmed its support for “the right of the Sudanese people to peacefully express their demands”, expressing at the same time its condemnation of “the use of violence, including the use of live ammunition and the excessive use of tear gas”, and also affirming “its commitment to the Sudanese people in their quest for A peaceful, free and democratic Sudan.
Yesterday, Friday, the members of the new Transitional Sovereign Council took the oath before the head of the council, Al-Burhan, and the head of the judiciary, Abdul Aziz Fath Al-Rahman Abdeen, while a member of the Sovereign Council, Lieutenant-General Yasser Al-Atta, considered, in a statement published by the council on his account on “Twitter”, after the oath ceremony, The formation of the new council “comes within the framework of correcting the course of the glorious December revolution to achieve its slogans of freedom, peace and justice, and to consolidate the foundations of the civil state and to succeed in the tasks and duties of the transitional period.”
Al-Burhan issued a constitutional decree inFormation of the new Transitional Sovereignty CouncilAfter the dissolution of the first council, among a number of decisions that sparked widespread controversy, andProtests blew up in Sudan. However, the latter excluded from the Sovereignty Council 4 representatives of the Forces for Freedom and Change and the Civil Alliance that participated in the protests that toppled former President Omar al-Bashir in 2019.
The proof had decided Establishing a committee to review the refunds From the previous regime and received it, by the Empowerment Removal Committee, which had frozen its work earlier.
In this context, the United Nations, the European Union and the Troika (United State Norway, the United Kingdom) and Switzerland expressed their deep concern about the formation of the new council, considering it “a unilateral action by the army that undermines its commitment to support the agreed-upon transitional framework, which requires the nomination of civilians by the Forces of Freedom and Change as members of the Sovereignty Council.”
Earlier, the United States announced that Sudan’s failure to restore civilian government would further isolate it from the international community, and threatened to withhold more than $4 billion in aid and at least $19 billion in debt forgiveness.
These were the details of the news Sudanese Professionals Association calls for a million peaceful demonstration today for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at saudi24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.