Drink lowers blood sugar levels in 15 minutes

Drink lowers blood sugar levels in 15 minutes
Drink lowers blood sugar levels in 15 minutes

Diabetes refers to a group of diseases that affect how the body uses blood sugar (glucose). Glucose is essential to your health; Because it is an important source of energy for the cells that make up muscles and tissues, and it is also the main energy source for the brain.

The burden of diabetes is increasing faster than ever, as a result of rising rates of obesity. But the condition can be managed through small modifications in the diet.

It is proven that beetroot juice Featuring a wide range of healthy qualities, it lowers blood glucose levels in as short a time frame of 15 minutes.

beetroot juice

Beetroot juice contains a wide range of healthy qualities, and the naturally occurring chemicals that give it its rich purple color – known as betalains – are powerful antioxidants.

But the wonderful health qualities of beetroot are mainly due to its rich nitrate content.

These compounds are involved in many important metabolic processes that may act as a barrier against risk factors associated with diabetes, according to Russia Today.

An analysis, published in the medical journal Metabolites earlier this year, determined that nitrates in beetroot juice can lower glucose levels in just 15 minutes.

The analysis cites one 2018 study, which looked at 10 healthy volunteers who received 270ml of beetroot juice.

The beetroot juice intervention experienced “a decrease in blood glucose levels at 15, 30, 90 and 180 minutes” compared to the control sample.

The researchers said the results showed a decrease in the early stage and peak glucose, as well as a delay in responding to blood sugar.

A separate 2017 study yielded similar results after giving participants 300g of carbohydrates in a meal containing either 250ml of beetroot juice, or 250ml of water.

The results showed that the levels of glucose in the blood three hours after the meal decreased significantly in the test condition, than in the control group.

The findings add evidence to a series of research supporting the benefits of beetroot for individuals with diabetes.

And beets store nitrates in their roots, as do other plants including celery, watercress, and radish, all of which are abundant in nitrate.

It is widely believed that nitrate is the main bioactive agent in beetroot, as it can be broken down into nitric oxide. This plays a vital role in the regulation of blood vessels and glucose metabolism.

Nitrates are absorbed through the intestinal wall and transferred to the blood plasma. About 60-75% of this nitrate is lost in secretion within 48 hours of consumption, but the remaining 25% will remain concentrated in saliva.

Moreover, the bacteria that live in the mouth will convert the remaining nitrate into more nitrate.

Once converted to nitric oxide, nitrates increase blood flow to various organs, which may have a Viagra-like effect.

Food safety guidelines advise not to eat a lot of beetroot because it may form nitrosamines, which has been linked to stomach cancers.

Follow the health statement via Google News
Follow the health statement via Google News

Print
Email

Twitter
LinkedIn
Pin Interest
Whats App

These were the details of the news Drink lowers blood sugar levels in 15 minutes for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at saudi24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

NEXT Dhaka opens first metro line in bid to ease traffic congestion

Author Information

I am Jeff King and I’m passionate about business and finance news with over 4 years in the industry starting as a writer working my way up into senior positions. I am the driving force behind Al-KhaleejToday.NET with a vision to broaden the company’s readership throughout 2016. I am an editor and reporter of “Financial” category. Address: 383 576 Gladwell Street Longview, TX 75604, USA Phone: (+1) 903-247-0907 Email: [email protected]