WHO expects decision on two Chinese Covid-19 vaccines in next two weeks

WHO expects decision on two Chinese Covid-19 vaccines in next two weeks
WHO expects decision on two Chinese Covid-19 vaccines in next two weeks

Hello and welcome to the details of WHO expects decision on two Chinese Covid-19 vaccines in next two weeks and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - A health worker prepares to administer the Sinovac vaccine against the Covid-19 coronavirus at a community health centre in Banda Aceh on Feb 6, 2021. — AFP pic

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates on news you need to know.


GENEVA, April 27 — The World Health Organization expects to decide whether to give emergency approval for China's two main Covid-19 vaccines in the next two weeks, Assistant Director-General Mariângela Batista Galvão Simão told a briefing on Monday.

Simao said the WHO could decide on a vaccine made by Sinopharm by the end of this week, and one made by Sinovac Biotech by the end of next week.

China has already deployed millions of doses of both vaccines at home and has exported them to many countries, particularly in Latin America, Asia and Africa.

An emergency listing from the WHO is an indication to national regulators of a shot's safety and efficacy, and would allow the Chinese vaccines to be included in Covax, the global programme to provide vaccines mainly for poor countries.

If approved, the Chinese vaccines would be the first from a non-Western country to gain approval from the global health body. So far the WHO has given emergency approval to vaccines from Pfizer-BioNTech, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson. It is also expected to review Moderna's shot this week. — Reuters

These were the details of the news WHO expects decision on two Chinese Covid-19 vaccines in next two weeks for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Hospital fire kills 18 virus patients as India steps up jabs
NEXT India's lauds Gulf assistance in fighting COVID-19