Hong Kong bans flights from India, Pakistan and the Philippines for two weeks

Hong Kong bans flights from India, Pakistan and the Philippines for two weeks
Hong Kong bans flights from India, Pakistan and the Philippines for two weeks

Hello and welcome to the details of Hong Kong bans flights from India, Pakistan and the Philippines for two weeks and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - Hong Kong will suspend flights from India, Pakistan and the Philippines from April 20 for two weeks. — Reuters pic

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates on news you need to know.


HONG KONG, April 19 — Hong Kong will suspend flights from India, Pakistan and the Philippines from April 20 for two weeks after the N501Y mutant Covid-19 strain was detected in the Asian financial hub for the first time, authorities said in a statement late on Sunday.

The three countries would be classified as "extremely high risk" after there had been multiple imported cases carrying the strain into Hong Kong in the past 14 days, the government said.

The city reported 30 new coronavirus cases on Sunday, 29 of which were imported, marking the highest daily toll since March 15. Hong Kong has recorded over 11,600 cases in total and 209 deaths.

Hong Kong authorities have been urging residents to get vaccinated for coronavirus with only around 9 per cent of Hong Kong's 7.5 million residents vaccinated so far.

The government last week widened the city's vaccine scheme to include those aged between 16 to 29 years old for the first time, as they aim to boost lacklustre demand for inoculations amongst residents.

Airlines impacted by Hong Kong's ban on travellers from India, Pakistan and the Philippines include carriers such as Cathay Pacific, Hong Kong Airlines, Vistara and Cebu Pacific. — Reuters

These were the details of the news Hong Kong bans flights from India, Pakistan and the Philippines for two weeks for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Death toll rises to 50 from blasts near Afghan girls’ school
NEXT India's lauds Gulf assistance in fighting COVID-19