Iran reports electrical incident at Natanz nuclear site, no casualties

Iran reports electrical incident at Natanz nuclear site, no casualties
Iran reports electrical incident at Natanz nuclear site, no casualties

Hello and welcome to the details of Iran reports electrical incident at Natanz nuclear site, no casualties and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - A view of the Natanz uranium enrichment facility 250 km south of the Iranian capital Tehran, March 30, 2005. — Reuters pic

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates on news you need to know.


DUBAI, April 11 — An electrical power problem caused an incident at Iran’s Natanz underground nuclear facility today, Iranian Press TV reported, a day after Tehran launched new advanced uranium enrichment centrifuges at the site.

“The incident caused no casualties or contamination,” Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization spokesman Behrouz Kamalvandi said, adding that “electricity was affected at the Natanz facility”, which is located in the desert in the central province of Isfahan.

The underground Natanz site is the centrepiece of Iran’s uranium enrichment programme and monitored by inspectors of the International Atomic Energy Agency, the UN nuclear watchdog.

“The cause of this incident is under investigation,” Kamalvandi told Iran’s semi-official Fars news agency.

In July last year, a fire broke out at the Natanz facility, which the government said was an attempt to sabotage Iran’s nuclear programme. In 2010, the Stuxnet computer virus, widely believed to have been developed by the United States and Israel, was discovered after it was used to attack Natanz.

Tehran and Washington have been trying to revive Iran’s 2015 nuclear deal with major powers after former US President Donald abandoned it three years ago. Trump re-imposed sanctions that had been lifted on the Islamic Republic, and brought in many more.

In reaction to the US sanctions, Iran breached many restrictions imposed by the accord. The two nations laid out tough stances at indirect talks in Vienna last week on how to bring both back into full compliance with the accord.

President Hassan Rouhani reiterated Iran’s commitment to nuclear non-proliferation yesterday while overseeing the launch of advanced centrifuges at the Natanz plant to mark the country’s National Nuclear Technology Day. — Reuters

These were the details of the news Iran reports electrical incident at Natanz nuclear site, no casualties for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

NEXT India's lauds Gulf assistance in fighting COVID-19