HALDEN (Dagbladet): The police have blocked parts of the city bridge in the center of Halden after a landslide on Thursday night.
– There has been a landslide. As of now, we have no indications that there is any danger to people and buildings. We are making an ongoing assessment of the situation now. Evacuation of nearby buildings can be initiated, says operations manager Kristian Loraas in the Eastern police district to Halden Arbeiderblad.
Police write on Twitter that residents at the nearest address have been evacuated. In total, there are 45 people.
– About 40 meters long crack where parts of the pier promenade have slipped into the river. The promenade was closed, the police write on Twitter.
Worked on site
Ulf Ellingsen, technical director in Halden municipality, tells Dagbladet that the Norwegian Public Roads Administration is working on a project on site. The landslide has occurred in connection with that work, he states.
- Advertisement -
Operations Manager Terje Skafsnes tells Dagbladet that the contractor working on site should have a geologist to assess the area tomorrow. At 23.00 he says that they are in an “assessment phase”.
– There is a housing complex at the back, on the other side of the road, so we now make sure to evacuate them so as not to take any chances. All agencies, including NVE, are on their way, and the project manager at the Norwegian Public Roads Administration has called in his colleagues so that we get all the information on the table. Furthermore, we will discuss further measures, says Ellingsen.
– How serious is the situation?
– The most important thing now is to make sure that it does not become more serious than it already is. We do not take any risks with regard to those who live in the area, and as it looks at the moment, we have control.
Jan Rune Nilsen is co-owner of the address that has been evacuated.
– I’m not so stressed about this. I went down and gave some comforting words to those who were evacuated, Nilsen told Dagbladet.
Dagbladet is following the case.
These were the details of the news Landslides in the center of Halden: – 40 meters have slipped into the river for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at time24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.