The day before returning to the ring, Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. spared teasing at Friday’s press conference. Before facing each other at the weigh-in in Los Angeles, the two talked about preparing for Saturday’s fight. In a cautious tone, the two, who will face each other at the weigh-in later this Friday, avoided talking about a possible knockout, at the request of the exhibition organization. Tyson avoided saying how he imagines the fight will be, but said he will try to hit as hard as before.
+ Check out how the press conference went
– I have no idea how it will be. I’m just going to go up there and see what’s going to happen. It will be fun. I am a fighter, he is a fighter. Let’s exchange some punches and see what happens. Let’s see (if I can still beat as hard as before). I don’t want to say the wrong things so that no one gets upset. The first day of training was a disaster, but during that boxing session I never thought about what I’m doing here? I said, “oh, this is my place”. Part of me tells me I’m a fool, but the other part says it’s my place and I prefer to believe in that other side.
Combate will broadcast live on November 28th Mike Tyson’s return to the ring in Los Angeles, United States. Channel subscribers will follow the fight against American Roy Jones Jr., who will have eight rounds. The broadcast of the Los Angeles event, which has six other fights scheduled, begins at 9:30 pm. TV Globo will also show the fight in the early hours of Saturday to Sunday after the Supercine.
+ Live events and exclusive content from the best of the fighting world! Sign the Fight!
Mike Tyson during a press conference this Friday – Photo: Reproduction
Tyson was the last to speak to journalists at the last press conference before the fight. The American arrived at the mask site, but removed it at the request of someone from the organization. “Are you sure it’s okay to be without her,” he asked. In a good mood, the boxer talked about his excesses in the past. “I left home at 9 am and returned at 9 am the next day.” However, he stated that he learned from his mistakes.
– I’m trying like everyone else. We learn from our mistakes. We are in this world taking blows from life, like everyone else. I fight for my wife, my children, my friends. They are the greatest force that moves me here. I never thought I would live this long, I didn’t take myself seriously at that time. I didn’t think I would be here today, in a million years. I don’t put myself in perspective because I don’t know who I was at that moment. I’m just more comfortable with who I am now. Not entirely, but more than I was. I will not say that it is my last fight, because I was not interested before. But now I am.
The boxer also spoke of the process of changing physique until the fight. Tyson decided to fight again after losing 42 kg in five months.
– It was a process. My wife encouraged me to start exercising 50 minutes a day. So I started cycling, I started running. After I started losing weight, I became vegan in the past two years. The process of changing your body to fight someone is mentally overwhelming.
Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr. face off this Saturday – Photo: Infografia
Roy Jones Jr. was the first to speak. He again stated that he intends to prolong his return to the ring. He also admitted that he plans to challenge Anderson Silva to a boxing match if he does well against Tyson, confirming what his coach said. The American ruled out the possibility that the event was just an exhibition and said that both he and his rival took the preparation seriously.
– I feel really good. It is a very crazy thing, you need a little more rest, but everything is fine. If you . I expect Mike from the early years, because he was away for 15 years, he misses boxing, he knows what he had there, and he is dying to come back. When he fought the last few fights, he was not at his mental best. The fighter was gone, now he’s back. I hope good Mike is here tomorrow. I remember Mike from two years ago, he lost almost fifty pounds. Do you think he is not taking this seriously?
+ Mike Tyson’s lullaby: see special
Roy Jones Jr. during a press conference – Photo: Reproduction
The American boxer said he would try to show his game early on. But he admitted that he also doesn’t want to take so many risks early on in front of Tyson.
– I want to start early, find my way to attack him, so that he knows I’m there. He’s very dangerous, always.
+ Playoff: who is the greatest boxer of all time
Roy Jones talked about the difficulties of getting into the ring at 51. The boxer admitted feeling pain that he did not feel when he was still fighting professionally, but said he was still faster than most professionals today. He said, however, it was one of his biggest career challenges.
– It’s one of my biggest challenges in life, and it is now. To be successful tomorrow, for me, will be to perform well. If I go there, it will be successful for me. I had no idea that I would fight Mike Tyson at this point (at 51). I didn’t expect it, I didn’t have that in mind. I thought I would have stopped at 50.
Outside the ring, Tyson collects controversy and has been arrested for rape
The troubled teenager has become a boxing legend. At just 20 years old, Mike Tyson became the youngest heavyweight world champion and built an impressive record throughout his career. There were 58 fights, 50 victories and 44 of them by knockout. But the boxer’s trajectory was also marked by many confusions, controversies and crimes. In 1992, he was sentenced to six years in prison for sexually abusing Miss Desiree Washington. He served half his sentence and was released in March 1995 due to good behavior.
After being released, Tyson went back to fighting and winning. Shortly thereafter, in 1997, he starred in one of the most aggressive episodes in boxing history by biting Holyfield’s ear during a fight, being disqualified and banned for a year from competitions. Outside the ring, he continued to have passages by the police on charges of assault and possession of drugs. One of these episodes was in Brazil, in 2005, when he attacked a cameraman and was arrested. That same year, after two defeats, he retired from boxing.
Now, 15 years later, Tyson is about to return to the ring, in the fight against Roy Jones Jr, this Saturday.
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!
These were the details of the news Mike Tyson avoids provocations to Roy Jones, admits mistakes of the... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at time24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.