Recently, we have seen new cases of infection and deaths as a result of covid-19 at nursing homes in Vindafjord, Eidsvoll, Bergen, Drammen, Lillestrøm, Nesodden, Bærum and Oslo.
The nursing home Villa Skaar Valstad in Eidsvoll is the hardest hit nursing home in the second wave so far. All residents were infected, and that nine residents have died. In the first wave, it was the nursing home Metodisthjemmet in Bergen that was hardest hit. A total of 18 out of 24 infected residents died.
Prime Minister Erna Solberg was clearly moved when she answered Dagbladet when asked what she thinks about us once again experiencing outbreaks and deaths in nursing homes in Norway.
– I think it’s very sad. It is sad for all relatives, but also for those who work at the institutions, who have tried to maintain good infection control. It is very difficult to prevent vulnerable groups from being met by people who may be infected without it having been discovered, simply because we want to make the care of the elderly personal and close – not in full infection control equipment, Solberg told Dagbladet and continued:
– It is the case that people live their lives outside of work as well, in ordinary surroundings where they have both children and others. Therefore, this is difficult. I think we should have respect for the fact that it is difficult for those who work with this, and who are responsible.
– Must be careful
Solberg said that she has called and talked to both Villa Skaar Valstad and Eidsvoll municipality this week, and that she understands that this affects those who are responsible. She also said that she visited the Methodist Home this spring.
– I think we have to make sure that we do not run around looking for those responsible. There is a system for that – the Norwegian Board of Health. We must have some respect for the fact that this is perceived as very painful and difficult for all those who work with this, those who are responsible, and all relatives.
– What is the main reason why they were not able to protect the most vulnerable this time either?
– The Norwegian Board of Health’s review of individual cases must show this. I think it is important that we get the professional review, Solberg replied and continued:
– I would like to remind you that there were very many who thought that mistakes had been made at the Methodist Home, but then the Norwegian Board of Health came and said that they had followed the infection control rules that were in place at the time. We must make sure that we may wait for the experts in the field to make their assessments.
Then Minister of Health Bent Høie intervened.
– I believe that it is important that we do not leave the impression that we have generally not succeeded in this area. With the guidelines we have, in fact we in Norway have succeeded to a fairly large extent in protecting the vulnerable, Høie told Dagbladet and continued:
– It is very important that we are aware that when the infection is high in society, we are not able to eliminate the risk. Then someone, regardless of which institution it is, will simply not be able to do it. And it’s not necessarily about someone doing a bad job. But it is simply a matter of that when the infection in society becomes higher, the risk becomes higher even with the measures that we have introduced.
Høie concluded by emphasizing that the measures must be proportionate.
– There will always be a balance between protecting against infection, but at the same time not going so far that life becomes unmanageable for those who live in institutions, for their relatives and for those who work there.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/solberg-rort—veldig-trist/73108230
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!
These were the details of the news Coronavirus: – Solberg touched: – Very sad for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at time24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.