To limit the spread of a mutated coronavirus, the Danish authorities decided that all the country’s mink populations, where infection had been detected, should be killed.
About nine million minks have been killed, and many of them have been buried in mass graves.
But after lying one meter below the ground for several days, several of the minks have pushed themselves to the surface again. It writes Danmarks Radio.
Believes mutated mink virus has been eradicated
– In connection with the decay, some gases can be formed, which causes the mink carcasses to expand a little. In the worst case, this leads to some of them being pushed up from the ground, says Thomas Kristensen, press officer in the National Police.
Kristensen says that they have seen several cases of dead minks coming to the surface.
– It is a natural process, which we have tried to contain by laying more soil on the graves.
The problem, however, is that the selected soil has proven to be too light.
– One meter of soil is not just one meter of soil. It depends on what the earth is made of. That is why this is happening now, says Kristensen.
Low risk of infection
The mass graves have been fenced in, filled with more soil, and they are also being guarded. Dead animals have a certain, albeit small, risk of infection.
– Mink, which have been infected with the corona, are transmitted primarily through exhalation. Thus, the risk of infection is lower for dead mink than for live mink. But bacteria can still be present in the fur of the mink, says Kristensen.
– But having said that, it is never healthy to be near dead animals, he continues.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.tv2.no/a/11795970/
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!
These were the details of the news Dead corona minks push up from the grave for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at time24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.