As the All Souls Day holiday approaches, the cemeteries of Campo Grande should receive a large number of visitors. To avoid crowding, city hall teams will inspect the city’s cemeteries. Still in a pandemic, the question arises, is it possible to be contaminated with coronavirus approaching tombs or inside cemeteries?
One of the concerns to prevent the transmission of the virus has changed the routine of the wake and the speed in the routing of the bodies of the fatal victims due to the disease. The farewell at the funeral homes has a limited time and number of people in the chapel.
According to the nurse specialist in infectious diseases, Everton Ferreira Lemos, any space can have a viable presence of a virus. The transmission cycle occurs from person to person, and may be by indirect contact (contact with contaminated surface) or direct (close contact), there are chances of contamination.
“Depending on the location, the virus can stay alive for hours or days; cemeteries, therefore, may have contaminated surfaces, ”he explains.
Also according to the professional, it is important that during visits to the tombs, visitors avoid crowding, use masks, clean hands, avoid touching surfaces and the eyes or mouth.
“At home, when you return to clean your hands, shoes and clothes. During wake, avoid hugs and handshakes. Indoor environments increase the risk. If a person is infected, it can be transmitted from one person to another ”, he points out.
Guided by SES (State Health Secretariat), the municipality is that in addition to inspection, the units have a maximum capacity of 50%. Only visitation will be allowed, the chapels will only be opened for funerals and with controlled entry.
- Santo Amaro Cemetery: Avenida Presidente Vargas, 1.500, Vila Santo Amaro. Telephone: (67) 3314-7020.
- São Sebastião Cemetery (Cruzeiro): Avenida Coronel Antonino, s / n, Mata do Jacinto neighborhood.
- Santo Antônio Cemetery, Avenida da Consolação, no number, Vila Santa Dorotéia. Phone: (67) 4042-1323.
- Parque das Primaveras Cemetery: Avenida Senador Filinto Muller, 2211, Jardim Parati. Telephone: (67) 3346-2744.
- Campo Grande Park Cemetery: Avenida Senador Filinto Muller, 2603, Pioneers. Phone (67) 3388-5606.
- Jardim das Palmeiras Cemetery: Avenida Tamandaré, 6934, Jardim Seminário. Telephone: (67) 3361-2940.
- Memorial Park Cemetery: Rua Francisco dos Anjos, 442, Universitário. Telephone: (67) 3387-4564.
- National Cemetery Park: Rua Baobá, Moreninha IV. Phone: (67) 3393-1515.
These were the details of the news Myth or truth: Can Coronavirus be transmitted when visiting graves in... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at time24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.