Aksel Hennie (44) has had enormous success as an actor over the years, and is one of Norway’s foremost actors. The 44-year-old has played key roles in films such as “Buddy”, “Uno”, “Max Manus” and “The Headhunters” – to name a few.
The actor has also appeared in foreign films such as “The Martian”, “The Cloverfield Paradox” and “Hercules”.
However, being an actor has its price as in some cases you have to undergo a drastic transformation – to fit into the roles you are assigned. This is something Hennie, like many others in the same industry, has experienced during her acting career.
Removed teeth and took botox
Most people probably remember Hennie’s role as Joshua French in the movie “The Murders in the Congo”. The film deals with the trial against Tjostolv Moland, played by Tobias Santelmann (40) and Joshua French after the murder of the Congolese driver Abedi Kasongo. The two were arrested and jailed in the African country for espionage and murder in 2009.
For the role of Joshua French, Hennie has previously revealed that he had to sacrifice more than blood, sweat and tears.
– Physically I have lost 15-16 kilos, I have removed teeth and taken botox in half the forehead, so physically I have done what I can. Mentally, I have put my whole soul into it, Hennie told TV 2 two years ago.
The actor further explained that he cut off parts of his own teeth, and that they were removed and replaced with dentures. Fortunately, this was done by a professional dental technician.
This week he is a guest at “Skavlan”, and there the extreme transformations he has been through in connection with his roles, quickly become one of the themes.
– Do not recognize myself
In the TV show, host Fredrik Skavlan (54) shows two pictures of the actor, before he then asks which of the pictures is most similar to how Hennie feels inside.
The pictures he shows are when Hennie portrayed Joshua French and, as mentioned, lost drastically weight, as well as from when he had a role in the film «Hercules».
– First of all, I think it’s weird to see it because I do not recognize myself. I’m lying somewhere in the middle there. He is very much healthier he with big upper arms. He did not have to go to the doctor so often to check how it was with internal organs either, says Hennie in the TV program about the two pictures.
Likes to challenge himself
The actor further explains that in his profession he gets the opportunity to explore and test the limits of what his apparatus and system can withstand stress, but also how close he can get to the person he is to portray.
– When I am going to portray a man who has been in prison, on hunger strike, not eaten, and I know that he has lost very, very many kilos. Then I want to see how close I can get in a kind of responsible way. The same goes for the second picture: How strong can you become? How big can you become ?, he continues.
Hennie believes that it is about constantly trying to reach your potential, and that you try to work hard to do your best where you are.
– And if you constantly challenge yourself, put yourself in positions and situations, and have experiences that are a little outside the comfort zone – the easier it is when things get difficult, he concludes.
Aksel Hennie has so far not responded to the See and Hear inquiry.
Likes to have control over the body
In an earlier interview with Dagbladet Magasinet, Hennie has opened up about how he is affected by the tough regimes his body has to go through for certain roles:
– I get damn preoccupied with food, yes, unhealthy preoccupation with food. But I like to see that I have control over my body. That I have control over my instrument, he told the magazine.
The award-winning actor admitted that he understood how people could develop eating disorders. He had known something similar himself:
– Yes, in periods. Because you get morbidly preoccupied with food and exercise. And it happens fast, that is, he continued.
ALSO READ: Lost 15 pounds in eight weeks for film role
Download the See and Hear app
These were the details of the news Talks about the extreme transformations for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at time24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.