Prosecutor’s Office confirmed that he recovered the bullet that killed a...


The South Metropolitan Regional Prosecutor’s Office provided details of the investigation that seeks to clarify the circumstances, the precise cause of death and those responsible for the shooting that ended the life of Aníbal Antonio Villarroel, 26, amid demonstrations on Sunday night in the La Victoria population, commune of Pedro Aguirre Cerda.

The events occurred in the context of the first anniversary of “October 18,” the date on which the social crisis began in Chile in 2019.

“So far I know they have recovered the cameras carried by Carabineros officials, as well as ballistic evidence at the scene of the event, that accounts for the use of different firearms and, in addition to the recovery of the bullet that caused the death, after the autopsy performed on the victim, “confirmed the Violent Crimes prosecutor of the South Metropolitan Prosecutor’s Office, Christian Toledo, in charge of the case.

“In the place shots were found from both civilians and carabinieri, some of whom were also injured when they were traveling in a Special Forces bus to support a procedure in said commune, “explained the persecutor.

Aníbal Villarroel, father of a five-year-old girl and construction technician, was with a friend on the corner of Departmental with Eugenio Matte amidst the protests when he was shot that collapsed him and caused a heart attack. It was the same residents of the sector who helped him and then took him to the SAPU Amador Neghme, where he finally died.

According to residents of the sector, Villarroel died from a shot by a policeman, without any aggression on his part.

On Monday, meanwhile, the Minister of the Interior, Victor Perez, said that although the case is being investigated, the death of the young man “occurred in the context of a shooting at Carabineros (…) Carabineros had to defend themselves”, alluding to an attack on a bus with police officers that night .

After an autopsy at the SML, Villarroel’s body was handed over to his relatives on Tuesday.


Source link by https://www.cooperativa.cl/noticias/pais/manifestaciones/fiscalia-confirmo-que-recupero-la-bala-que-mato-a-joven-en-la-victoria/2020-10-21/023815.html

*The article has been translated based on the content of Source link by https://www.cooperativa.cl/noticias/pais/manifestaciones/fiscalia-confirmo-que-recupero-la-bala-que-mato-a-joven-en-la-victoria/2020-10-21/023815.html
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!

These were the details of the news Prosecutor’s Office confirmed that he recovered the bullet that killed a... for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at en24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV UK wants to end quarantine for infected contacts. Daily tests...
NEXT Average number of infections, admissions and deaths in trough …