The FCL can equalize twice against the leader from St. Gallen and thus secure one point. The goal scorers for Lucerne are Dejan Sorgic and Filip Ugrinic.
The FCL starts with a bang. Pascal Schürpf can shoot free-standing from around 16 meters, but flicks the leather past the goal. Only a few seconds later, Schürpf was overrun by FCSG full-back Kräuchi. The ball comes in the middle to Ruiz, who hits the lead for the guests. After 20 minutes, the game is over for Schürpf, he is substituted and Ugrinic comes into the game for him.
The game then flattens out a little. Lucerne is trying to implement Celestini football, i.e. the consistent play against the outside world. That works on average: the setup works a few times, but too many errors creep in. There was still one excitement: Lukas Görtler spits in the direction of FCL player Tsiy Ndenge – referee Feday San looks at the video images and does not punish Görtler.
The Lucerne press after the break on the balance and are rewarded in the 50th minute. After a sharp cross from Schaub, Sorgic benefits in the middle from the fact that FCSG goalkeeper Zigi cannot parry the ball properly. After almost an hour of play, Quintilla meets after a mistake by Ugrinic – the guests are leading again. The FCL then continued to press and after some good chances Ugrinic heads in after a cross from Sidler to equalize again.
In the final stages of the game, both teams have a chance of scoring the winner – but the point is still divided.
The FCL starting XI against St. Gallen:
2. Minute: The FCL remains in possession of the ball after a free kick. Alex Carbonell somehow pokes the ball to Lucas Alves, who pushes it over to Pascal Schürpf. He can shoot from a distance of almost 16 meters and only just misses the goal.
5. Minute – Tor St. Gallen: After a throw-in, the St. Gallen full-back Alessandro Kräuchi is cleared. This overflows Pascal Schürpf in the penalty area, plays the ball to the middle, where Victor Ruiz pushes into the far corner.
9. Minute: Stefan Knezevic with a bad pass in the build-up game. Kwadwo Duah takes off and shoots from around 20 meters – past the gate.
20. Minute: Excitement in the Swissporarena. After a collision with Tsiy Ndenge, Lukas Görtler is sitting on the floor and suddenly the audience screams. What happened? Görtler spat in the direction of Ndenge. Referee Feday San watches the scene in the video and then decides not to punish Görtler.
28. Minute: After a free kick by the guests, Kräuchi hits the ball with his head – over the goal.
29. Minute: The FCL plays nicely over the right side and at the end Marvin Schulz crosses to the middle, where Filip Ugrinic, who has been substituted for Schürpf, misses.
30. Minute: Silvan Sidler pulls from the left into the middle and shoots from around 20 meters. His sharp shot hisses just over the gate.
45. Minute: The FCL plays through and Varol Tasar can lift the ball on Dejan Sorgic. This comes to a close, but fails from a tight angle to FCSG goalie Lawrence Ati Zigi. The FCL striker would have been offside anyway.
48. Minute: Tasar with the long-range shot. Zigi in the FCSG goal bounces forward, Louis Schaub gets the ball. The Austrian plays from the baseline on the free-standing Stefan Knezevic. The defender shoots over the gate from close range.
50. Minute – Tor FCL: Schaub with a push and the shot – Zigi steers to the corner. The Lucerne perform this briefly, Schaub with the sharp flank on the short post, where Zigi cannot clear up properly. Dejan Sorgic can benefit in the middle and equalizes
56. Minute: Ugrinic with a good shot – Zigi parries.
59. Minute – Tor St. Gallen: Ugrinic loses the ball in the center to Jordi Quintilla. The Spaniard can run towards the FCL goal and shoot from 20 meters without being forced. Marius Müller in the Lucerne goal looks a bit unhappy with this goal.
61. Minute: Long ball from Alex Carbonell on Varol Tasar. The FCL newcomer shoots just wide of the gate from an acute angle.
62. Minute: Ugrinic with the ball in the penalty area on Tasar. He pulls again from an acute angle and Zigi steers the ball over the goal.
66. Minute – Tor FCL: Silvan Sidler with the buttery flank on Ugrinic, who heads in the back of the defender to equalize again.
90. Minute: Carbonell, Knezevic and the substitute Samuel Alabi fail every second at FCSG goalie Zigi.
Lucerne – St. Gallen 2: 2 (0: 1)
1569 spectators. – SR San.
Tore: 5. Ruiz (Kräuchi) 0:1. 51. Sorgic (Schaub) 1:1. 59. Quintilla 1:2. 66. Ugrinic (Sidler) 2:2.
Luzern: Müller; Schulz, Lucas, Knezevic, Sidler; Carbonell, Flight; Tasar, Schaub (81. Alabi), Schürpf (19. Ugrinic); Sorgic (74. He is).
St. Gallen: Zigi; Kräuchi, Stergiou, Fazliji, Muheim; Quintilla; Görtler, Ruiz (80. Staubli); Stillhart (88. Rüfli); Guillemenot (69. Ribeiro), Duah (69. Babic).
Remarks: Lucerne without Schwegler, Grether, Binous, Burch (all injured) and Frydek (quarantine). Schürpf injured eliminated. St. Gallen without Kamberi, Lüchinger, Alves and Gonzalez (all injured). Cautions: 27. Ndenge (foul), 45. Tasar (unsportsmanlike conduct), 61. Quintilla (foul), 79. Kräuchi (foul).
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!
These were the details of the news Entertaining draw: FC Luzern plays at home against St. Gallen 2-2 for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at en24news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.