We show you our most important and recent visitors news details 10 killed from Afghan family heading to funeral: Officials in the following article
Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - KHOST, Afghanistan — Ten members of the same family were killed on Tuesday when their car detonated a roadside bomb as they were traveling to a funeral in eastern Afghanistan, officials said.
The victims had been driving in Khost province in a large station wagon-type vehicle when the blast occurred, according to local and national officials.
"The casualties include five men, two women and three children all from one family," Talib Mangal, a spokesman for Khost's governor, said.
"They were traveling to Logar province to attend a funeral."
Provincial police spokesman Adil Haidar confirmed the toll and incident details, while interior ministry spokesman Nasrat Rahimi added it was a Taliban bomb placed by the side of the road.
The Taliban did not immediately comment.
The attack came the same day as the United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) released a report saying an average of nine children were killed or wounded each day in Afghanistan during the first nine months of this year.
Deadly violence continues to grip Afghanistan even as the US and the Taliban negotiate on-off talks aimed at reducing America's military footprint in the country in return for the insurgents ensuring an improved security situation.
Khost is southeast of Kabul and borders Pakistan.
Also Tuesday, a bomb shook Mazar-i-sharif, the capital of Balkh province in the north that is normally comparatively secure.
Balkh police spokesman Adil Shah Adil said a bomb concealed on a bicycle wounded 18 people including five traffic police officers.
Shafiq Shahiq, the director of Mazar central hospital, put the toll at 23 wounded. — AFP
These were the details of the news 10 killed from Afghan family heading to funeral: Officials for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.