Kuwait speaker throws Donald Trump's peace plan in the bin

Thank you for your reading and interest in the news Kuwait speaker throws Donald 's peace plan in the bin and now with details

Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - One of Kuwait's top parliamentarians has been filmed throwing the peace plan presented by US President Donald Trump into a bin.

At a meeting of the Arab Inter-Parliamentary Union in Jordan's Amman, National Assembly Speaker Marzouq Al Ghanem said that the proposal, which has been perceived as favouring Israel, was "destined to die" because of its bias.

“They want us to move Palestine from a central cause to a secondary one, and from the centre to the margins," he said.

“It will not happen. History is not behind you, geography does not help you, and demography does not play to your advantage. Palestine will return, Jerusalem will return sooner or later.

He was then filmed holding up the peace plan and dropping it into a bin.

A policeman cries during the funeral of Palestinian policeman Tareq Badwan, shot by Israeli troops during confrontations with demonstrators in the northern West Bank town of Jenin, in his village of Azun. AFP

People mourn as others carry the body of Bader Nidal Nafleh (19) during his funeral n the West Bank village of Qafen near Tulkarem city. EPA

Israeli security forces stand behind a wire fence as Palestinians demonstrate in the northern West Bank city of Tulkarem following the funeral of 19-year-old Badr Nafla in the same city. AFP

An Israeli soldier takes aim amid clashes with Palestinian protesters in the northern West Bank city of Tulkarem following the funeral of 19-year-old Badr Nafla in the same city. AFP

Palestinian protesters carry away a comrade amid clashes with Israeli forces in the northern West Bank city of Tulkarem following the funeral of 19-year-old Badr Nafla in the same city. AFP

Spectators watch as Palestinians carry the body of Bader Nidal Nafleh (19) during his funeral, in the West Bank village of Qafen near Tulkarem city. EPA

Palestinians carry the body of Badr Nafla, 19, who died after reportedly being shot by Israeli forces in the neck in the midst of confrontations near the northern West Bank city of Tulkarem yesterday, during his funeral in the same city. AFP

The mother (C) of Badr Nafla, 19, who died after reportedly being shot by Israeli forces in the neck in the midst of confrontations near the northern West Bank city of Tulkarem yesterday, reacts during his funeral in the same city. AFP

Relatives of Palestinian Bader Nafilah, who was killed during clashes with Israeli troops, mourn during his funeral in Qaffin in the Israeli-occupied West Bank. REUTERS

“These are the documents of the so-called deal of the century,” he said, holding a bound file of papers. “Their appropriate and real place is in the dustbin of history,” he said as he threw the file, apparently into a rubbish bin positioned next to him.

Last month, US President Donald Trump unveiled a Middle East plan for peace between Israel and the Palestinians which the Palestinians have rejected saying it is biased in favour of Israel.

Under the plan, Israel would retain control of the disputed city of Jerusalem as its "undivided capital", and annex settlements on Palestinian lands.

Palestinians however, want east Jerusalem to be the capital of any future state.

The plan has also been rejected by the Arab League and the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation.

Palestinian officials said last week that Palestinian President Abbas was heading to the UN to push for a Security Council resolution condemning Mr Trump's peace proposals.

The resolution will almost certainly be vetoed by the US.

Updated: February 10, 2020 08:46 AM

These were the details of the news Kuwait speaker throws Donald Trump's peace plan in the bin for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at The National and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Saudi Arabia to hold G20 summit online
NEXT Hamas in Gaza 'strikes deal to reduce violence'