Thank you for reading the news about Video: Woman dies during cake eating contest and now with the details
Aden - Yasmine El Tohamy - She was given CPR at the scene and taken to hospital but later died.
A woman has died in Australia while taking part in a contest to eat as many lamingtons - a traditional sponge cake covered in chocolate and desiccated coconut - as possible, it was reported on Monday.
The woman, aged 60, is reported to have had a seizure during the event at a hotel in Hervey Bay, Queensland, to mark Australia Day on Sunday, the BBC said in a report.
She was given CPR at the scene and taken to hospital but later died.
Witnesses said the woman had crammed one of the cakes into her mouth when she appeared to get into difficulties.
Footage has emerged showing other patrons of the pub cheering on the eaters, who have glasses of water next to them, before the accident.
The Beach House Hotel in Hervey Bay posted a message on Facebook expressing condolences to the family and friends of the woman, who has not been named.
Eating competitions are a popular game during Australia Day, a national holiday marking the arrival of the first Europeans to Australia.
Contestants usually win prizes for eating as many cakes, pies, hot dogs or other food in a limited time.
These were the details of the news Video: Woman dies during cake eating contest for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Khaleej Times and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.